I'll give it a try.

taoggniklat

Re: Logitech Squeezebox
« Reply #21 on: 3 Mar 2010, 10:38 pm »
Mine should arrive friday

taoggniklat

« Reply #22 on: 5 Mar 2010, 09:20 pm »
I got mine today, but it appears that the unit is DOA. :( It does not turn on. The remote works fine, but the unit itself shows no sign of working. I can't tell if it is the power supply or the box.

:(

Wayne1

« Reply #23 on: 5 Mar 2010, 09:29 pm »
Does the light on the front of the DUET receiver light up?

If not, I would venture to guess the power supply might not be working. You can check the power supply if you have a multimeter. The center connection is + ,the sleeve is -. You should be able to measure 9 volts DC.

If the PS is not working, a better sounding replacement PS is available from Parts Express.

Linear Power Supply

It will need a cable from the PS to the appropriate connector to fit the DUET receiver.

taoggniklat

« Reply #24 on: 5 Mar 2010, 09:39 pm »
Does the light on the front of the DUET receiver light up?

If not, I would venture to guess the power supply might not be working. You can check the power supply if you have a multimeter. The center connection is + ,the sleeve is -. You should be able to measure 9 volts DC.

If the PS is not working, a better sounding replacement PS is available from Parts Express.

Linear Power Supply

It will need a cable from the PS to the appropriate connector to fit the DUET receiver.

There is no light whatsoever.

I just got off the phone with Logitech and they want to send me a new unit, after I send this one back of course. I will be checking out the power supply before I send it just in case it is something stupid like that.

Thanks for the recommendation

taoggniklat

« Reply #25 on: 7 Mar 2010, 05:27 am »
I tested the power supply, and sure enough...it was dead. I went to radio shack just to get a quick replacement and the Squeezebox fired right up and works perfectly now.

Nuance

« Reply #26 on: 8 Mar 2010, 12:03 am »
Glad to hear it.  If nothing else, the one Wayne recommend is the one I am using, as I do feel it lowered the noise floor level.  Its totally worth it for $20.00 shipped. 

divisionbell77

« Reply #27 on: 9 Mar 2010, 01:24 pm »
Glad to hear it.  If nothing else, the one Wayne recommend is the one I am using, as I do feel it lowered the noise floor level.  Its totally worth it for $20.00 shipped.

What about the cable from the PS to the Duet?  Which is the one to get that will fit it?

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #28 on: 9 Mar 2010, 01:36 pm »
If you go to that link and the description or the power supply then click on the tab labeled "related items" and you'll see a plug kit which probably has the right size.
I'm looking at doing the same upgrade to my squeezebox...by the way they sound Awesome!! I hear no audible hum or buzz or static of any kind as it is now...its probably there so I'll take Wayne's advise also and upgrade the PS. Thanks by the way Wayne!!

Nuance

« Reply #29 on: 9 Mar 2010, 05:31 pm »
^ Yeah, what eclein said.  This is what I got to match the power supply:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=120-537

Just be sure to have the power supply set to the right voltage. 

mr_bill

« Reply #30 on: 9 Mar 2010, 06:10 pm »
I just picked up a set too - thank you to Wayne with Bolder Cable.

Wayne1

« Reply #31 on: 9 Mar 2010, 06:17 pm »
I just picked up a set too - thank you to Wayne with Bolder Cable.

You are welcome. If you ever get the urge for another upgrade, you might want to read this: Power Supply mods comments

divisionbell77

« Reply #32 on: 9 Mar 2010, 07:56 pm »
^ Yeah, what eclein said.  This is what I got to match the power supply:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=120-537

Just be sure to have the power supply set to the right voltage.

Cool, I saw that but wasn't sure if it actually had the right one(my luck it would come with all but the one I needed).

scp2

« Reply #33 on: 9 Mar 2010, 10:59 pm »
I had my parts express power supply modded by Wayne and was very happy with the results.