BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

vengky

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #340 on: 19 Apr 2011, 09:05 am »
I thought the BDP does not support NTFS....or has there been a software upgrade on this issue. My software is 28/3/2011.

VK

i have 2 hdd (500gb + 1tb) connected to the BDP-1. both are NTSF. the 500gb seems to have serious issues...the player doesn't has promptly access to the files. both hdd are new (WD) and 2.5".
have to check...

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #341 on: 19 Apr 2011, 09:41 am »
I thought the BDP does not support NTFS....or has there been a software upgrade on this issue. My software is 28/3/2011.

VK

Hi VK

The BDP will play NTSF it is just that you can not write to it or copy files to it over the network like you can with FAT32.

James

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #342 on: 19 Apr 2011, 01:30 pm »
James,

does it matter if a hdd is NTSF or FAT 32 regarding the performance?!?

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #343 on: 19 Apr 2011, 03:56 pm »
James,

does it matter if a hdd is NTSF or FAT 32 regarding the performance?!?

al.

NO :thumb:

james

alexone

« Reply #344 on: 19 Apr 2011, 05:44 pm »
James,

what are the correct settings for Mpod when using an iphone4?

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #345 on: 19 Apr 2011, 05:52 pm »
James,

what are the correct settings for Mpod when using an iphone4?

al.

james

Alpha10

« Reply #346 on: 19 Apr 2011, 06:46 pm »
Doesn't sound good, you are still intending to do a drive solution though?

Cheers

Hi Terry,

I am not feeling as pressured now about it due to the new BDP-1 software allowing for attached file memory.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #347 on: 19 Apr 2011, 06:51 pm »
Doesn't sound good, you are still intending to do a drive solution though?

Cheers

Yes still looking at it but want to get the SP3 finished and on the market before I move on to another project.

james

Alpha10

« Reply #348 on: 19 Apr 2011, 07:08 pm »
Yes still looking at it but want to get the SP3 finished and on the market before I move on to another project.

james

Thanks James, nice to know it will be along.

Just wish I could afford an SP3  :bawl:

Cheers

alexone

« Reply #349 on: 20 Apr 2011, 06:39 pm »
James,

since the BrystonMax shows the sample rate of the songs I discovered that I have some files with 11025hz, 22050hz. these sample rates are under the limit of the BDA-1's sample rate (which is 32khz!?!). will I have to expect any playback problems? (probably I have some more files with different khz-sample rates which are below 32khz :o, have to check that out!)

al.

jjc1

« Reply #350 on: 27 Apr 2011, 06:52 pm »
Hi Al,

Heres a shot of mine at home.

james
James, I read in a review of the bpd1 that stacking the bdp1 and bda1 (as u show in your system) is very bad for the sound. Any comments?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #351 on: 27 Apr 2011, 06:55 pm »
Hi Al,

Heres a shot of mine at home.

james
James, I read in a review of the bpd1 that stacking the bdp1 and bda1 (as u show in your system) is very bad for the sound. Any comments?

james

Hi al,

Yes it sounds like crap :lol:

james

alexone

« Reply #352 on: 27 Apr 2011, 08:27 pm »
James,

i think this is a misunderstanding here. the question about how to stack the BDP/BDA came from JJC1 not from me. however, according to his postings i assume that he is a newbie and is probably not experienced enough with Bryston gear. i think that JJC1 really wanted to know what you have to say about stacking Bryston gear...
give him a chance to understand your first hand/first class advice about Bryston stuff...like we all want and need it :wink:.

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #353 on: 27 Apr 2011, 09:40 pm »
James,

i think this is a misunderstanding here. the question about how to stack the BDP/BDA came from JJC1 not from me. however, according to his postings i assume that he is a newbie and is probably not experienced enough with Bryston gear. i think that JJC1 really wanted to know what you have to say about stacking Bryston gear...
give him a chance to understand your first hand/first class advice about Bryston stuff...like we all want and need it :wink:.

al.

Hi al

Yes I knew you said a reviewer and I was being a smart ass but sometimes I feel reviewers stretch credibility a bit -  I do not mind when they split hairs - it's when they quarter them I start to worry  :lol:

caberxx

« Reply #354 on: 2 May 2011, 07:02 pm »
James, on some of the pictures posted of the BDP/BDA, the LED lights are blue.  On others, they're green.  Is there a way to switch?  All my equipment has blue lights, except the BDP/BDA which are green.  Is there someway to change their colour?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #355 on: 2 May 2011, 07:14 pm »
James, on some of the pictures posted of the BDP/BDA, the LED lights are blue.  On others, they're green.  Is there a way to switch?  All my equipment has blue lights, except the BDP/BDA which are green.  Is there someway to change their colour?

Hi,

No sorry - they can be ordered in blue or green but can not be changed in the field. We are thinking of dumping Blue as the LED's are very difficult to find.

james

Alpha10

« Reply #356 on: 3 May 2011, 08:18 am »
Hi,

No sorry - they can be ordered in blue or green but can not be changed in the field. We are thinking of dumping Blue as the LED's are very difficult to find.

james

NO, don't dump the Blue's, least not until I have ordered everything...... :oops:

Cheers

Vipers

« Reply #357 on: 3 May 2011, 09:25 pm »
NO, don't dump the Blue's, least not until I have ordered everything...... :oops:

Cheers

Sounds like you'd better get that order in quick Alpha  :wink:

It would definately be a shame if you had to discontinue the blue LED's James as they do look lovely, if I had my time again I'd love a 100% blue led Bryston system, I like caberxx's idea though of having a switch to change between green and blue, just so I could change to suit my mood  :)

Alpha10

« Reply #358 on: 4 May 2011, 06:20 pm »
Sounds like you'd better get that order in quick Alpha  :wink:

It would definately be a shame if you had to discontinue the blue LED's James as they do look lovely, if I had my time again I'd love a 100% blue led Bryston system, I like caberxx's idea though of having a switch to change between green and blue, just so I could change to suit my mood  :)

Cheers Vipers, I am saving hard, nearly there for the 4BSST2, but I am still trying to decide whether to go for the pre-amp before the power amp, to enhance the BDP/BDA combo. I may go power amp first as I still hope to pursuade James to do the right thing and have a high quality, simple pre-amp with HT bypass  :fishing:

Cheers

Alpha10

« Reply #359 on: 9 May 2011, 07:05 pm »

james

Hi James, I was just wondering if there is any update on if/when you may get back to the drive solution for the BDP?

Cheers