BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

MoPac

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #740 on: 11 Jul 2014, 03:42 pm »

Here's a Youtube video Chris posted on how to install your drive. Looks like he was using MBR partitions and FAT32 formatting. I'm sure he'll chime in soon though and give you the best/most current info.

Thanks, Grit
 Watched the install video and caught the pre-format part this time.  Guess I missed it the first time through.

I'm not sure if the install video predates the "Format from the BDP" video.  Therefore my confusion about wether the drive installed could be an un-formatted one and, after installation, be formatted using the BDP.  I was attempting to avoid the purchase of an enclosure to facilitate formatting at a computer.  Guess the enclosure could be used with another SSD to plug into one of the USB ports on the BDP.  Unless those enclosures are too power hungry.
  Rich

ttsto

« Reply #741 on: 11 Jul 2014, 05:32 pm »
Don't take this for granted, but all drives I bought in the last 5 years or more (including SSD) were pre-formatted for Windows, no format action required when installed in PC.

MoPac

« Reply #742 on: 11 Jul 2014, 07:27 pm »
Don't take this for granted, but all drives I bought in the last 5 years or more (including SSD) were pre-formatted for Windows, no format action required when installed in PC.

Have they been NTFS or FAT32?  I think the BDP can't transfer files into the internal drive if it is NTFS.  Could be wrong there.

I just eMailed Crucial to see what, if any, file system they set up.

Rich

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #743 on: 11 Jul 2014, 08:02 pm »
Hi

You can transfer files to Fat32 or NTSF.

James

MoPac

« Reply #744 on: 12 Jul 2014, 02:18 pm »
Thanks James.  That' good news.

Hey, ttsto:
 Just got a reply from Crucial.  Their drives are not formatted.  So...Guess I'll have to buy an enclosure and pre-format the drive before installation.  Maybe I'll stuff a little music in there while at the computer.

Rich

R. Daneel

« Reply #745 on: 13 Jul 2014, 03:26 pm »
James,

what is the largest capacity of USB flash drives I can use with the BDP-1? Can I use 64GB flash drives without problems?

Thanks!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #746 on: 13 Jul 2014, 03:55 pm »
James,

what is the largest capacity of USB flash drives I can use with the BDP-1? Can I use 64GB flash drives without problems?

Thanks!
Antun

Sure - I have used up to 128 GB

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #747 on: 13 Jul 2014, 04:40 pm »
Sure - I have used up to 128 GB

james

With a BDP-1? Seriously?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #748 on: 13 Jul 2014, 04:41 pm »
With a BDP-1? Seriously?

Hi

Yes thumbdrives are SSD's and very quick to load and play etc.  I use them all the time at shows.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #749 on: 13 Jul 2014, 08:01 pm »
Hi

Yes thumbdrives are SSD's and very quick to load and play etc.  I use them all the time at shows.

james

Excellent!

James, you are a gentleman! I have more information than I need and I will call the dealer (AViTech, Austria) and place an order for a BDP-1.

Thank you!
Antun

R. Daneel

« Reply #750 on: 27 Jul 2014, 01:04 pm »
James, I sent you an email on Friday but got no reply. I ordered a BDP-1 from AViTech in Vienna and asked them to make sure everything is as I specified so I just wanted to inform you of my wishes.

Cheers!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #751 on: 27 Jul 2014, 01:19 pm »
James, I sent you an email on Friday but got no reply. I ordered a BDP-1 from AViTech in Vienna and asked them to make sure everything is as I specified so I just wanted to inform you of my wishes.

Cheers!
Antun

Hi Antun

Yes i forwarded it to production for you - I am on holidays so not getting all me emails.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #752 on: 27 Jul 2014, 01:39 pm »
Hi Antun

Yes i forwarded it to production for you - I am on holidays so not getting all me emails.

james

Thank you very much James!

Enjoy the holidays!
Antun

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #753 on: 27 Jul 2014, 02:57 pm »
Congratulations, Antun! You will be thrilled with the sound of the BDP1 through your BDA2.

Happy listening,

Rich

R. Daneel

« Reply #754 on: 27 Jul 2014, 03:52 pm »
Congratulations, Antun! You will be thrilled with the sound of the BDP1 through your BDA2.

Happy listening,

Rich

Just writing an email to you over here Rich! :) Of course, thank you!

MoPac

« Reply #755 on: 28 Jul 2014, 06:19 pm »
James:
 Does the BDP require a UPS ( not the big brown truck ) to save it's butt during a power outage?  Or does error code 04 and 05 keep bad things from happening?  It is a computer after all and it does take some time to shutdown.  Maybe a built in battery supply to gracefully shut the BDP down would be the ticket.

Thanks
Rich

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #756 on: 28 Jul 2014, 08:47 pm »
James:
 Does the BDP require a UPS ( not the big brown truck ) to save it's butt during a power outage?  Or does error code 04 and 05 keep bad things from happening?  It is a computer after all and it does take some time to shutdown.  Maybe a built in battery supply to gracefully shut the BDP down would be the ticket.

Thanks
Rich

Hi Rich,

I know with earlier versions of the software there were some concerns but recent versions I believe Chris has built in some safeguards,  Will let Chris detail it for you.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #757 on: 3 Aug 2014, 12:45 pm »
Hello!

Is the BDP-1 now discontinued? I can no longer see it on the Bryston wehsite. If that is the case, then I sure do hope it is not because I finally placed an order for one! :)

Cheers!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #758 on: 3 Aug 2014, 01:08 pm »
Hello!

Is the BDP-1 now discontinued? I can no longer see it on the Bryston wehsite. If that is the case, then I sure do hope it is not because I finally placed an order for one! :)

Cheers!
Antun

Hi Autun

We are only going to offer the BDP-1 as a special order going forward as the BDP-2 is outselling it 10 to 1.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #759 on: 3 Aug 2014, 01:24 pm »
Hi Autun

We are only going to offer the BDP-1 as a special order going forward as the BDP-2 is outselling it 10 to 1.

james

Hi James!

Understood! I still think BDP-1 is a lot more sensible value for the money if you don't need eSATA connectivity.

I don't want to revive the old BOT-1 thread so let me post my question here instead - is that project still going forward? Are you still inclined on making it BDP-1 compatible through USB interface?

Cheers!
Antun