BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

drummermitchell

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #660 on: 13 Feb 2014, 03:26 am »
No risk at all,have had Chris setup my BDP-2  and also help me fix and do a few other things remotely,
If your stuck,he's the guy :thumb:,.

mfig

« Reply #661 on: 23 Feb 2014, 04:05 pm »
Moved house and am now having serious issues with mpad and no album art. Of 2000 albums I now only get perhaps 50 random displaying. I can manually get the artwork but then it disappears only to appear if I expand the icon, then disappears when collapsed. No problem with art if using Max II.
Don't know if this is related- I have an unknown file at the top when viewing in Max called trashes which has a sub directory called 501 with hundreds of titles under it.
I have mined this forum, and am confident all mpad settings are correct- went into the bryston software and set a scratch drive, rebooted, basically did it all and still perplexed. Running loony loon on a mac with latest mpad.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #662 on: 25 Feb 2014, 04:56 pm »
Hello,

The BR-2 remote will do the following:
toggle power
next track
previous track
toggle pause
toggle play
stop playback

An iPod touch is capable of doing all of these tasks above except toggle power.  The iPod touch is also able to create playlists, choose songs directly from the playlist (rather then using next/previous track controls),  scan forward/reverse through a track, create playlists, load playlists.  It can do more but there are the things regarding playback that i can think of off the top of my head.

Cheers,
Chris

bk12

« Reply #663 on: 2 Mar 2014, 09:06 pm »
I had a question for BDP-1 experts.  I am new to the unit, and I believe that I have figured out how to access the 10 radio stations saved on the playlist through Gnome.  I am trying to access internet radio station KCRW Eclectic 24, but I cannot locate an IP address to access the stream anywhere.  I currently access it through Tune-In or through their popup flash player. 

Does anyone know how I may locate the IP address for that station, or how else I can access the internet radio stream through Gnome (or whatever)?

Thanks!

gdayton

• Industry Participant

Marius

« Reply #665 on: 5 Mar 2014, 07:00 am »

make a textfile with this content, save it as kcrwmusic.m3u and move it to root/mnt/img/playlists. et voila, a playlist with that preset radiostation shows up in the BDP...

edit:  content of the text file should be http://kcrw.ic.llnwd.net/stream/kcrw_music, the former doesn't work in BDP media player.

Cheers,
Marius

Try http://www.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwmusic.pls
« Last Edit: 6 Mar 2014, 10:17 am by Marius »

WBimmer

« Reply #666 on: 8 Mar 2014, 03:42 pm »
Hello Marius, I'm trying to do the same thing as what you've described and I'm having trouble accessing the root directory.  So how exactly do you get to this stage over the network?

I can see my BDP player, but cannot access anything and I'm stuck.

Thanks
Wayne

Marius

« Reply #667 on: 8 Mar 2014, 07:00 pm »

Hi Wayne,

You should be able to browse the bdps attached USB drives, if that's not happening, solve that first
Second, for the root to show up, you need to enter developer mode, which is accessible through a command entered in the startup script field. Maybe Chris knows more options to do that.

Then, you have to set permissions right in the current state of te firmware, Chris might change that to default soon?

For the first: do you have samba enabled in the options?
Marius

WBimmer

« Reply #668 on: 9 Mar 2014, 01:05 am »
Hi Wayne,

You should be able to browse the bdps attached USB drives, if that's not happening, solve that first
Second, for the root to show up, you need to enter developer mode, which is accessible through a command entered in the startup script field. Maybe Chris knows more options to do that.

Then, you have to set permissions right in the current state of te firmware, Chris might change that to default soon?

For the first: do you have samba enabled in the options?
Marius

Hi Marius, yes samba is enabled.

I'm thinking another option is to remove the USB card and put it into a card reader and do the same thing there and then put the card back in.

Wayne.

Marius

« Reply #669 on: 9 Mar 2014, 06:27 pm »
Hi Wayne,

not sure what you trying to accomplish, but i wouldn't take the flash-card out of the BDP and start copying things to it just like that.
You really ought to see the bdp in Mac/finder and read/write to it. How else to write music files to the usb-drives, other than de/attaching them all the time. Have you never done that before?

First accomplish browsing the BDP before doing other things would be my advice. If you're in trouble doing so, lets try and help you there.

Cheers,
Marius

Hi Marius, yes samba is enabled.

I'm thinking another option is to remove the USB card and put it into a card reader and do the same thing there and then put the card back in.

Wayne.

WBimmer

« Reply #670 on: 9 Mar 2014, 07:27 pm »
Hi Wayne,

not sure what you trying to accomplish, but i wouldn't take the flash-card out of the BDP and start copying things to it just like that.
You really ought to see the bdp in Mac/finder and read/write to it. How else to write music files to the usb-drives, other than de/attaching them all the time. Have you never done that before?

First accomplish browsing the BDP before doing other things would be my advice. If you're in trouble doing so, lets try and help you there.

Cheers,
Marius

Agreed.

So how do I access this through Mac/Finder??

I can see it, but I cannot connect to it and not sure how to go further.

I've also tried the Go drop down in finder and use the Connect to Server option and was unsuccessful through this approach, so I'm stuck.

Wayne.

Marius

« Reply #671 on: 9 Mar 2014, 08:59 pm »
Which version software is on your BDP? And, have you seen it on the network before? Can you see it entering http://bryston-bdp-1.local/ in your browser?

M

Agreed.

So how do I access this through Mac/Finder??

I can see it, but I cannot connect to it and not sure how to go further.

I've also tried the Go drop down in finder and use the Connect to Server option and was unsuccessful through this approach, so I'm stuck.

Wayne.

WBimmer

« Reply #672 on: 10 Mar 2014, 12:18 am »
Which version software is on your BDP? And, have you seen it on the network before? Can you see it entering http://bryston-bdp-1.local/ in your browser?

M
Software version is S1.74 2014-01-23

I've never been able to connect to access the drive or folder structure via my Mac.  I can access the drive and move music files across with my MacBook running Windows.

Wayne.

Marius

« Reply #673 on: 10 Mar 2014, 09:06 am »
let us check some other things:
have you tried entering the ip address into the Finder/Go ?
And, did you try the link in the internet browser? If you see Max interface, that would mean a correct network connection at least, and we could narrow our search a bit..
Do you use any remote system for operating the bdp, or only the buttons on the frontpanel. Mpod/Mpad and the likes.

Marius

Software version is S1.74 2014-01-23

I've never been able to connect to access the drive or folder structure via my Mac.  I can access the drive and move music files across with my MacBook running Windows.

Wayne.

WBimmer

« Reply #674 on: 10 Mar 2014, 03:58 pm »
let us check some other things:
have you tried entering the ip address into the Finder/Go ?
And, did you try the link in the internet browser? If you see Max interface, that would mean a correct network connection at least, and we could narrow our search a bit..
Do you use any remote system for operating the bdp, or only the buttons on the frontpanel. Mpod/Mpad and the likes.

Marius

I've entered the IP address into finder and it says it can't be found.

Max interface works fine and I can build playlists and such from within there, but I don't see an option to add internet radio stations within Max.

mPad and mPod both connect and work fine with my BDP.

Wayne.

Marius

« Reply #675 on: 10 Mar 2014, 04:16 pm »
Wayne,

seems to be a Mac /finder issue then, since all other network connections to the BDP work. Have you checked filesharing in the Sharing settings in system preferences? Maybe firewall setting?

one extra check: try Go in finder, connect to server, and type smb://bryston-bdp-1.local if login displays, type bryston twice #fingerscrossed

being able to see Max is a good thing, you can enter the developer mode command then ;-)

Marius

I've entered the IP address into finder and it says it can't be found.

Max interface works fine and I can build playlists and such from within there, but I don't see an option to add internet radio stations within Max.

mPad and mPod both connect and work fine with my BDP.

Wayne.

WBimmer

« Reply #676 on: 10 Mar 2014, 04:42 pm »
Wayne,

seems to be a Mac /finder issue then, since all other network connections to the BDP work. Have you checked filesharing in the Sharing settings in system preferences? Maybe firewall setting?

one extra check: try Go in finder, connect to server, and type smb://bryston-bdp-1.local if login displays, type bryston twice #fingerscrossed

being able to see Max is a good thing, you can enter the developer mode command then ;-)

Marius

We're making progress…  :D

This is what I'm seeing now and I can access the music on the drive now.  So I guess the next piece is how to enter the developer mode command to see the file structure?

Wayne.

Marius

« Reply #677 on: 10 Mar 2014, 07:16 pm »
Wayne,

id caution you before doing so. You might want to wait for Chris to enable some functionality for editing these playlists soon through the interface, instead of entering the BDP through terminal-commands.

check http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=105853.msg1097506#msg1097506 for Chris's directions for entering developer mode, and check that this command should be entered using ssh command and not the startup script. read carefully what Chris writes on that subject.

I would advice you to ask Chris if this still is the preferred way of entering developer mode, to reveal the root on the BDP, to be able to write the playlist folder.

Cheers,
Marius

We're making progress…  :D

This is what I'm seeing now and I can access the music on the drive now.  So I guess the next piece is how to enter the developer mode command to see the file structure?

Wayne.

spotlightaudio

« Reply #678 on: 12 Mar 2014, 03:31 pm »
What thumb drives are recommended for BDP-2 ?  Any favorites ?

mrhyfy

« Reply #679 on: 12 May 2014, 07:52 pm »
Hi,,how do I configure the usb OUTPUT on my Bdp-1. I am running the latest firmware. I'll be connecting it to W4S dac2.  Very sorry if this was already covered in the forum.
Thanks!!

Never mind people,, I pm'd Chris for the answer.  Thanks Chris
« Last Edit: 15 May 2014, 06:15 pm by mrhyfy »