• Joe aka Joeinid on other forums.
    • Audioshark Forum
Re: Bryston announcing new SST3 amps
« Reply #260 on: 3 Feb 2016, 11:22 pm »
Thank you James.

95Dyna

« Reply #261 on: 4 Feb 2016, 09:30 pm »
I think the advantage the 28B's have is they just do not give a s..t what the load on the speaker is. So its an amplifier that is always in relax mode.  I had one customer tell me his 28B was the best tweeter amp he had ever heard. :lol:

james

You can almost say that about the 7B SST2 as well.  Mine have spent the past six years driving one of the most notorious amp killers ever made.  They not only made them sound an order of magnitude better they did so without breaking a sweat.  I bought a new pair of speakers recently that are a normal load and the 7's think they have died and gone to heaven.  They are flat out loafing now   :thumb:

James, you can count me in with those who are interested in the Cubed Series upgrade.

threshold t-50

« Reply #262 on: 4 Feb 2016, 10:25 pm »
I am going to pick up a 2 year old 4BSST2 for $3300. That will tap me out for the upgrade this year. I'll move my 2.5 as a mono for my center. Guess I'll have to suffer for 1 year w/the inferior sound of the SST2's. :green: :duh:

bjski

« Reply #263 on: 5 Feb 2016, 01:50 am »
Count me in for the 7's upgrade....

Rod_S

« Reply #264 on: 5 Feb 2016, 12:14 pm »
Have you guys seen the prices yet? I'm trying to decide right now between a used pair of 7B-SST2's I have lined up to be potentially upgraded later on down the road vs just getting the 7B3's outright.

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
« Reply #265 on: 6 Feb 2016, 08:49 pm »
Get the cube,20 year warranty

Enjoy now

I have been living with the pair of 3bsst

Maybe someday I can move up to the cube

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #266 on: 8 Feb 2016, 08:01 pm »
First production run - Cubed 4B's and 7B's getting ready for their new owners  :thumb:

james

Rod_S

« Reply #267 on: 8 Feb 2016, 09:14 pm »
Congrats!

So have all the details been worked out about the upgrade program? Cost, timeline when the program will start and the cosmetic changes, you confirmed new back panels but what about the front, was the decision made that the fronts wouldn't be upgraded.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #268 on: 8 Feb 2016, 10:08 pm »
Congrats!

So have all the details been worked out about the upgrade program? Cost, timeline when the program will start and the cosmetic changes, you confirmed new back panels but what about the front, was the decision made that the fronts wouldn't be upgraded.

Hi

No there are some mechanical issues we are trying to work out before I can commit.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #269 on: 9 Feb 2016, 02:06 am »
Thanks James

Jimmy71

« Reply #270 on: 9 Feb 2016, 02:54 pm »
Hi

No there are some mechanical issues we are trying to work out before I can commit.

james
Hi James what is the price for 4b3 in Canada

Jimmy71

« Reply #271 on: 9 Feb 2016, 02:55 pm »
Hi

james
A 4b3 new.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #272 on: 9 Feb 2016, 03:43 pm »
Hi James what is the price for 4b3 in Canada

$5,695 for the time being.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #273 on: 10 Feb 2016, 12:14 pm »
So what was the SST2 price, was it $4,995?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #274 on: 10 Feb 2016, 12:40 pm »
So what was the SST2 price, was it $4,995?

Correct.

James

Rod_S

« Reply #275 on: 10 Feb 2016, 12:51 pm »
Thanks, so the price increases will be scary once you up it again soon to account for the dollar  :o

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #276 on: 10 Feb 2016, 01:10 pm »
Thanks, so the price increases will be scary once you up it again soon to account for the dollar  :o

I am doing my best to hold it to a minimum.

SoundGame

« Reply #277 on: 10 Feb 2016, 07:05 pm »
Any top shots bearing the inside layout available?  Nothing like seeing a Bryston topless...lol.

Oh, and I think I asked this before.  Does the new square protrusion on the new front faceplates accommodate anything new behind it or perhaps additional access, modular construction?  Just curious if it was part of the engineering design or purely stylistic.  Who came up with it?

First production run - Cubed 4B's and 7B's getting ready for their new owners  :thumb:

james

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #278 on: 10 Feb 2016, 07:26 pm »
Hi Marius.

It's a good question but Soundstage has heard our demos many, many times in Vegas and other places and they were very impressed with what they heard with our demo in Vegas. So I think that was part of the reason as well as they have always felt our amplifiers represented the best available at affordable prices and based on the demo would expect the same from the Cubed series.

Also as you say judging things at a show is seen as difficult but everyone of the manufactures are faced with similar issues and as I have said many times "the demo is everything." The rest is rhetoric!

James

It might also be like the criteria used for "Car of the Year" awards from magazines (eg Motor Trend) or journalists (eg Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC); to be in the running at all, you pretty much need to be a new model or a significant update (new "generation") of an existing model.

We see an illustrative example this year in that the GMC Canyon / Chevrolet Colorado won some awards last year (2015) as a new model introduction, and again this year due to the new availability of a Diesel powerplant option; the Diesel versions (only) are winning awards this model year (2016) but the awards do not include the gas engined versions.

I think since the x3 versions of the Bryston power amps are a new "generation" introduction, they are on the radar for product of the year / show / etc awards this year, in competition with other all-new power amplifiers and audio products in general.

1ZIP

« Reply #279 on: 14 Feb 2016, 10:00 pm »
$5,695 for the time being.

james

Out of my price range.  A nice used silver sst2 will work fine.