New to me Extreme Stratos Mono's

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
New to me Extreme Stratos Mono's
« on: 16 Aug 2022, 04:37 pm »
Yes that's right, they are in my hands and working :thumb:

So yeah, A matched pair of Extreme Stratos Mono's with sequential serial numbers.

I was so excited that I built a bass trap and two of the four acoustic panels. I live in a brick studio apartment and really need the panels. Then my amps showed up and I stopped work on the panels. I had a slight brain fart and one wasn't working. It was my solid core speaker cables with just the stripped bare wire. The amps are an estimated 10 years old and the speaker terminals show signs of wear. I had forgotten to install the copper low mass spade lugs on my wires and problem solved for now. The bass trap made a huge improvement, I shouldn't have waited so long to do it :duh:

Aiyima A07, modified is my old amp. The stock power supply is 36v 5a and was replaced with a variable voltage up to 48v at 10a. This made a noticeable improvement. Then in came the Sparcos 3602 op-amps and wow that made a huge improvement in clarity, layering, texture, sound stage, and bass punch.

I have been listening through my GR Research NX Studio's. Crossover is Path resistors, foil air core inductors, Sonicaps with Miflex bypass caps.

For now I'm on cheaper cables and will be on a mission to get that sorted. I am thinking AntiCables throughout the system.

That's about all for now, wait did I say how much I like my amps. Well I like them. I will be sending them in to get "upgraded" in about six months.

Thanks, wayne

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: New to me Extreme Stratos Mono's
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2022, 05:11 pm »
Very nice.  I'm running a pair of Kismet Extremes (red and black Kismet cases) in my upstairs system with the Spatial Audio X3' and they are phenomenal amps.  Klaus gave them the full upgrade package about 6 months ago and they have an absolute jackhammer level of dynamics and at the same time tone that's as sweet as a tube amp.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2022, 09:47 pm »
I just got off the phone with klaus and oh yeah what a cool man.

I will be sending them to get the Kismet upgrade in a few months. For now I want to enjoy.

I did finish the other panel. Everything sounds excellent now.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2022, 10:30 pm »
Odyssey has a consistent house sound - with your amps you're getting about 85% of what the Kismet's give.  The Stratos Extreme Mono's are very nice amps.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2022, 10:26 pm »
Thanks Tyson.

I spent all day and evening listening and I kept getting lost in the music. These puppies are smooth and lush but yet still open and clear.  Drums sound more like drums than ever before.

I need to burn in my brain and get used to the high end sound I now have.