Omega outlaw ob 1.5 8ohm tap?

tby

Omega outlaw ob 1.5 8ohm tap?
« on: 12 Apr 2022, 09:13 pm »
Hello,

I'm about to acquire a pair of used Omega outlaw ob 1.5, I've always wanted to try a pair of Omega speakers and it's rare to find a used pair on the European market. When I read the specs (http://omegaspeakers.com/omegaoutlawopenb.html) it says their impedance is 4 ohms.

The problem is that the amplifier which I love and want to use with them only has 8 ohm and 16 ohm taps, will they be OK on the 8 ohm tap?  :?

seikosha

Re: Omega outlaw ob 1.5 8ohm tap?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2022, 05:22 pm »
Shouldn’t really be too much of an issue.  You won’t damage anything, but worst case scenario would be less power and diminished dynamics.  What speakers are you using on that amp now?  Very few speakers these days are strictly 8ohms and above.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2022, 05:54 pm »
It should not be a problem, the Omegas like other fullrange drivers start to go up in impedance starting around 300 hz and by 100 hz are pretty high.
Since the bottom driver operates up to 500 hz they are really only below 8 ohms in the lower midrange and upper bass.

tby

« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2022, 08:57 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I will buy them and see, hopefully it will just sound good.

What speakers are you using on that amp now?

I have been using a pair of Zu Omen DW, but sold those a while ago.