Where is Wayne?

mca

Where is Wayne?
« on: 24 Jan 2013, 06:18 pm »
Has anyone heard from Wayne lately? I have been trying to contact him to get the status of my DAC. What was quoted as a 6 week job has now stretched to 6 months. My last contact with him was December 7th and since then my emails and phone calls have gone unanswered. I'm starting to get a little bit worried! 

Phil A

Re: Where is Wayne?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2013, 06:22 pm »
I assume you are aware of the thread entitled 'Changes'?

mca

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2013, 06:31 pm »
I knew about that, but he still offered to mod my DAC.

mgalusha

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2013, 08:44 pm »
I saw him a few weeks ago, so he's amongst the living. Try sending him a PM, it should show up in his email.

audiogoober

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2013, 10:36 pm »
Great products and mods but the worst service I've ever been exposed to.....

mcgsxr

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2013, 11:47 pm »
Great products and mods, and frankly some of the best service I have ever received. 

I had amps, dacs, power supplies, streatming devices all modded by Wayne over the years, and at one point had my entire system cabled by Bolder too.

I hope his beer is awesome!

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2013, 12:29 am »
Indeed, the turnaround time for Wayne is incredibly quick. I had an SB Touch, and SB3 where he did his digital mods - rather quick, about 2 weeks tops. Wayne is always open to this diy'ers questions as well, can't ask for more...

Best,
Anand.

Gopher

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2013, 02:04 am »
When Bolder was Wayne's main focus he was tremendous.  I just think he's now being pulled in so many directions he can't really manage it all.  Its unfortunate that were eventuly going to lose his service, but in the meantime I guess the price we pay is having to be extremely patient.    Me personally, I'm very understanding but not particularly patient.

mick wolfe

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2013, 04:04 am »
Has anyone heard from Wayne lately? I have been trying to contact him to get the status of my DAC. What was quoted as a 6 week job has now stretched to 6 months. My last contact with him was December 7th and since then my emails and phone calls have gone unanswered. I'm starting to get a little bit worried!

Same story here only it's been 2 months.......not 6. For the record,Wayne fully volunteered to do the modification on my GF Tube Dac11 well after the"Changes" post. I assumed at this point that the mod would be done in a timely manner. There was no hint that the mod would take forever and e-mails on status would be ignored.

audiogoober

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jan 2013, 01:26 pm »
Wayne's 6-8 month project for my dac took 14 months. He ignored me for an entire summer. If it wasn't for a friend who helped me track him down I would have contacted the authorities.

mclsound

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jan 2013, 01:45 pm »
WOW!!!
This is crazy that people put up with this kind of service(or lack of).I know I wouldnt.

mca

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jan 2013, 06:37 pm »
This is crazy that people put up with this kind of service(or lack of).I know I wouldnt.

He has my DAC and my money, what choice do I have other than to wait to get it back?

mclsound

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jan 2013, 07:32 pm »
Reminds me of my experience with Dave Schulte of the Upgrade Company...an absolute stressfull nightmare

Good luck my friend

Phil A

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jan 2013, 08:45 pm »
Sorry to hear about the problem.  Hopefully, you'll at least get contacted with at least a status.  I sent a PS to be upgraded about 8-9 months before he announced the change of plan.  It came to me DOA.  I did get a fairly reasonable response back time wise (within about 10 days) but had to pay for the shipping back (would have thought that it should have been taken care of since I paid for everything and was inconvenienced but not going to tell someone how to run their business, but certainly not going to be a positive experience that would make me feel like I'd want to rush out and buy something else from the same vendor).

Phil A

« Reply #14 on: 25 Jan 2013, 08:58 pm »

brj

« Reply #15 on: 27 Jan 2013, 04:43 am »
Quite some time ago, Wayne was kind enough to loan me some speakers while mine were being built.  I returned them this evening, giving me the chance to talk to him in person.  He is definitely among the living, but is currently facing some rather daunting problems significant enough to force major, and undesirable, life changes.  It isn't my place to describe his problems, but he has my sympathy and best wishes for things to return to some semblance of normal as fast as possible.

Even had he not said it, I know Wayne well enough to know that everyone in his queue will get what they ordered.  But if there was any doubt, he confirmed that to me when we talked.  It may take him another month or so for him to get his head above water, but he will take care of all outstanding orders.  He will be contacting everyone in person as soon as he's able.

Wayne didn't wake up a few months ago and suddenly decide to stop delivering the service for which he was known for years.  He would far rather be completing those orders than dealing with the situation he's current faced with...

If patience is still possible, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jan 2013, 04:51 am »
Works for me. Take all the time you need!  :wink: Wayne is about as good as it gets!

Quite some time ago, Wayne was kind enough to loan me some speakers while mine were being built.  I returned them this evening, giving me the chance to talk to him in person.  He is definitely among the living, but is currently facing some rather daunting problems significant enough to force major, and undesirable, life changes.  It isn't my place to describe his problems, but he has my sympathy and best wishes for things to return to some semblance of normal as fast as possible.

Even had he not said it, I know Wayne well enough to know that everyone in his queue will get what they ordered.  But if there was any doubt, he confirmed that to me when we talked.  It may take him another month or so for him to get his head above water, but he will take care of all outstanding orders.  He will be contacting everyone in person as soon as he's able.

Wayne didn't wake up a few months ago and suddenly decide to stop delivering the service for which he was known for years.  He would far rather be completing those orders than dealing with the situation he's current faced with...

audiogoober

« Reply #17 on: 27 Jan 2013, 02:23 pm »

Very sad news. Just an FYI....I was given the exact same explanation for the reason for Wayne's actions (or lack there of) over one year ago. I would still be VERY careful. I don't wish life changing events or bad news on anyone but since this is old news to me (and a few others), I don't think he had any any reason to continue fishing for more orders knowing his service was unacceptable to 3-4 people over the last 18 months. In my case it was several thousand dollars and 14 months of hell.

mick wolfe

« Reply #18 on: 27 Jan 2013, 03:57 pm »
Very sad news. Just an FYI....I was given the exact same explanation for the reason for Wayne's actions (or lack there of) over one year ago. I would still be VERY careful. I don't wish life changing events or bad news on anyone but since this is old news to me (and a few others), I don't think he had any any reason to continue fishing for more orders knowing his service was unacceptable to 3-4 people over the last 18 months. In my case it was several thousand dollars and 14 months of hell.

Yes, it sounds frighteningly like what a good friend of mine went through with SP Tech.  Only in his case, it was 2-3 years and $9000. Finally got resolved, but rather awkwardly. I wish Wayne all the best with his situation, but he's ruining what was an essentially good reputation for virtually "chump change".

mca

« Reply #19 on: 27 Jan 2013, 04:42 pm »
I wish he would at least answer a call or return my email and let me know what is going on. That to me would be better than ignoring me. The last I heard from him was on 12/7, I had asked him if he could please give me a ship date on the DAC and his reply back to me was "I don't know!"