How far can the Seas W18 be pushed in the HT2-TL's?

Nuance

Re: How far can the Seas W18 be pushed in the HT2-TL's?
« Reply #40 on: 27 Mar 2011, 07:48 pm »
Yeah.  Isn't Patrick the President of BHA?  :D

He certainly is.  But seriously, without him I may have never known what truly amazing bass sounds like, and all for much less than even a Submersive costs.  DIY is the way to go, and if powered by one of TC sounds drivers you'll never turn back or wonder what could have been.  I still love my "little" TC2000 15 inchers. 

P.S.  We have to refer to Patrick as "Lord Patrick," as he now owns land in Ireland. :D

TJHUB

« Reply #41 on: 27 Mar 2011, 11:53 pm »
He certainly is.  But seriously, without him I may have never known what truly amazing bass sounds like, and all for much less than even a Submersive costs.  DIY is the way to go, and if powered by one of TC sounds drivers you'll never turn back or wonder what could have been.  I still love my "little" TC2000 15 inchers. 

P.S.  We have to refer to Patrick as "Lord Patrick," as he now owns land in Ireland. :D

We are truly lucky to know "Lord Patrick".  He has spent a lot of time and money figuring out the ultimate in bass, and we get all the benefits.  Not to mention he is just a great guy to hang with. :thumb:

And yes, those "little" TC2000 15 inchers are pretty amazing.  Especially since one of us doesn't even need any EQ now!  I sure wish that would happen for me!!

JP78

« Reply #42 on: 28 Mar 2011, 03:08 am »
We are truly lucky to know "Lord Patrick".  He has spent a lot of time and money figuring out the ultimate in bass, and we get all the benefits.  Not to mention he is just a great guy to hang with. :thumb:

And yes, those "little" TC2000 15 inchers are pretty amazing.  Especially since one of us doesn't even need any EQ now!  I sure wish that would happen for me!!

I don't think many people realize there are *very* few pairs of loudspeakers that can be run full range without a subwoofer for both movies and music. All the capable speakers I am aware of are neither small, inexpensive, nor lightweight (130LBS+ each in my experience).

Please definitely keep me posted on your progress with your new subwoofers...I *love* (learning more about) bass!

Nuance

« Reply #43 on: 28 Mar 2011, 02:11 pm »

Aint that the truth!

Hehe.  Thanks for your help on Sat; my system sounds better than it ever has in the past in many ways.

Warpdrv

• There's NO ESCAPING the SoundScape !!
« Reply #44 on: 6 May 2011, 01:28 am »
Just got back from my meeting at BHA, I think I'm a failure - as I just heard low order thumping in my head all the while they were talking.....     

Terry, seems you forgot to update these fine gents here about your upgrade path in the bass dept...

BTW - its Scotland for Lord Patrick... :D

Stopped by here to post the sale of my Submersive in the selling area - for anyone thats in the market for a slightly used Submersive HP in espresso... 

TJHUB

« Reply #45 on: 6 May 2011, 02:24 am »
Just got back from my meeting at BHA, I think I'm a failure - as I just heard low order thumping in my head all the while they were talking.....     

Terry, seems you forgot to update these fine gents here about your upgrade path in the bass dept...

BTW - its Scotland for Lord Patrick... :D

Stopped by here to post the sale of my Submersive in the selling area - for anyone thats in the market for a slightly used Submersive HP in espresso...

Meeting?  You leading them now?  :lol:

I guess I forgot all about this thread.  So here's what I did...

Dual 18" TC Sounds LMS Ultras in 24" cubes:

Nuance

« Reply #46 on: 6 May 2011, 07:47 pm »
For what it's worth, Terry still has the best sounding music system I've heard in anyone's home environment, especially with the edition of those incredible LMS subwoofers.  No commercial sub can touch those things in my opinion.

jackman

« Reply #47 on: 6 May 2011, 07:54 pm »
Those subs are massive!  You should put a beer can or reference in front of them so people can get a true impression  Those amps look like little toys and they are pretty good sized. 

TJHUB

« Reply #48 on: 6 May 2011, 09:26 pm »
For what it's worth, Terry still has the best sounding music system I've heard in anyone's home environment, especially with the edition of those incredible LMS subwoofers.  No commercial sub can touch those things in my opinion.

Thanks man.  That means a lot coming from you.  And I agree, I haven't heard anything as good as the LMS drivers. 

Those subs are massive!  You should put a beer can or reference in front of them so people can get a true impression  Those amps look like little toys and they are pretty good sized.

The subs used to look massive, but now they just seem normal to me. :D

For reference, that is a 58" plasma on the wall.  Here are a couple of photos for fun:

Can you see the little blue thing?  That's a blu-ray case.