Howdy, are there any Blue Circle Audio friends or foes out there?

amoore

I am in Portland Oregon these days. I am interested in hearing from anyone with experience listening to gear made by Blue Circle audio, aka Angela-Gilbert, and am very interested in hearing from someone who has spent time with an C31x series preamp..
Green Mountain Audio speakers, and the Metrum & Sonnet DAC’s are part of my playback system's. I like to put equipment together for friends, but don’t have much experience with different equipment manufacturers. I have heard some “high quality” equipment that sounded awful to marginally acceptable. This week I heard some amazing music coming out of Chapman speakers, that were made on Vashon island,  Wow.
Cheers

Markwatkiss

Beautiful listening environment.Blue Circle Audio 👍 and it’s Canadian.

amoore

Thank you, my wife has the aesthetic & style she just barely tolerates the equipment placement. My first excellent amplifier was also Canadien. Made by Peter Daniel’s in Ontario, Audio Zone Amp-1. Canada seems to have a full share of high quality audio makers.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Howdy, are there any Blue Circle Audio friends or foes out there?
There is no Blue Circle Audio area in this Forum.

JackD

Blue Circle Audio from the days Gilbert owned it no longer exists. After taking some time off he is now producing gear again under his own name. Still great gear with a different aesthetic.

Phil A

Welcome!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Welcome to AC!

I didn't know about Chapman till you mentioned them. Interesting. I'm 90 miles south of you in Beaver country.

Michael

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  Angela/Gilbert Yeung is still making great gear and outboard power supplies. Find Him on youtube or FB. His mods are really something.

charles

amoore

Thank you, Phil.
Michael, I was very surprised by Chapman in the best way.

Charles, AG is still practicing audio electronic magic .
I witnessed/experienced the Blue Circle, DAR integrated amplifier “break in”  the  first week of March in a dramatic way. This is the Amp AG designed/made to be “as warm as possible without syrup”. The four upgrades were completed and then I received the gear back in the beginning of last August. Three external Capacitor Packs and the install of the new AG line stage-(w/500,000uF SP cap pack). The input stage, a single 6SN7 has a T1-400v Cap pack, the output stage has the FCF-1 power supply/cap pack. I also had Angela-Gilbert modify my Sonnet Morpheus DAC, with an 30amp bridge rectifier to handle the SP cap pack for it.
So after all that it sounded good, I could hear the clarity added by the new line stage (I think) but, not the awesome upgrade I was hoping for. Don’t get me wrong, it sounded good! I kept hearing about the break-in time, 150 hours, 300 hours, etc. yes those happened incrementally, still not what I hoped.. Then I had kinda stopped dwelling on it and SIX Months later ish. All at once. Everything changed!!! Wow. So yeah, I agree  “His mods are really something”!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
AG stuff takes over 600 hours to settle in. His outboard 9 Farad power supply over 1000 hours. Worth the wait.

charles