I'll be late for Las Vegas :(

Mike Dzurko

« on: 5 Jan 2005, 10:23 pm »
The midwest storm has grounded me. Was supposed to get to Vegas tonight for CES. The earliest I can leave the La Crosse airport is now tomorrow morning. The problem is that O-Hare is so backed up and Minneapolis flights are completely full. The good news is I can spend the evening at home with my family instead of stranded in an airport for 15 hours.  

Best case, will get to the show around mid-afternoon tomorrow.  :(

Rich Carlson

« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2005, 12:46 am »
Bummer, Mike  :cry:  I used to live in the Midwest, and I don't know which was worse - the times I couldn't take off from or land at O'Hare, or the some of the scary times I did!  Be safe, and have a great time when you do get to Vegas!
Rich

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2005, 01:31 am »
Quote from: Rich Carlson
Bummer, Mike  :cry:  I used to live in the Midwest, and I don't know which was worse - the times I couldn't take off from or land at O'Hare, or the some of the scary times I did!  Be safe, and have a great time when you do get to Vegas!
Rich

Where did you live in the Midwest? Tomorrow they've re-routed me through the Twin Cities. Looks like I'll need to be up REAL early to dig out here.

Thanks Rich!

Rich Carlson

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jan 2005, 03:19 pm »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
Quote from: Rich Carlson
Rich

Where did you live in the Midwest? Tomorrow they've re-routed me through the Twin Cities. Looks like I'll need to be up REAL early to dig out here.

Thanks Rich!

I grew up in Manchester, Iowa (not all that far from LaCrosse, actually - it has been a while, but I've been in LaCrosse a number of times), then went to school in Champaign, IL.  

I hope you're safely in Vegas (or perhaps back) by the time you read this - this morning, no power here due to an ice storm (I'm on line at my office, which was spared).
Rich

Eric

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2005, 04:47 pm »
Travel safe, Mike

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2005, 05:51 am »
Just walked in the door. Man, it is good to be home :)

Rich:

I hate ice storms! Far worse than snow . . . hope it is better now!

Eric:

Thank you, and yes, safe it was, SLOW but safe. What a show . . .