Greetings From New Member

sshook

• “It’s all about the music…and the gear.”
Greetings From New Member
« on: 15 Jun 2021, 12:38 am »
Greetings fellow audiophiles,

I'm Stuart and I just ordered a pair of Spatial Audio Labs X3s. I was at T.H.E. Show in Long Beach, CA, and met Matthew from J&J Audio Solutions along with a very smart guy by the name of Clayton Shaw, perhaps you have heard of him?  :wink: I was able to see and hear a beautiful pair of M3s in walnut finish. After hearing those speakers and chatting with Clayton for a good while, (thanks again, Clayton) I was hooked. Can't wait to hear the X3s in my listening room. Looking forward to being part of the community. Cheers!

My current system:
Hegel H590 Integrated Amp
Hegel V10 Phono Stage
Harbeth 30.1 Monitors
Pair of REL T9i Subwoofers
Roon Nucleus as Roon Core
Lumin T2 Streamer/DAC
Technics SL-1210GAE Limited Edition Turntable
Quadraspire X-Reference Racks

fwinston

Re: Greetings From New Member
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2021, 03:29 am »
Congrats on your X3 purchase.  What finish did you choose?

sshook

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2021, 05:39 am »
Thanks! The finish on the X3s is “Honey”.

Desertpilot

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2021, 11:51 am »
Congratulations!  Lots of great information on this message board to help you set up your speakers.  There's an owner's manual on the Spatial Audio Lab website with good basic information.

Marcus

Blackmore

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2021, 12:08 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle

abomwell

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2021, 12:46 pm »
Congratulations on your new speakers. Your current system looks very nice.

Al

mrotino332

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2021, 01:05 pm »
Congratulations, nice system.  Most likely you will not need the Rel subs any longer. I have the X5s in a medium size room and was using two rel subs with my previous speakers.  With my X5s I no longer needed them and when inserted they actually detracted from the open baffle bass quality of the X5s.  But YMMV so of course experiment as to what you like best.

geerock

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2021, 02:41 pm »
Welcome.  You have a nice system there, but the X3's are going to really step it up over the Harbeths.  And with Roon you have the option of implementing a few more filters to tailor your sound a bit more.  Now you have to do the waiting game.  Wait for them to get to you and then wait for them to break in.  I never had a speaker that needed so many hours to sound its best, but when it does.......oooeeee!  Congrats!

sshook

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2021, 05:18 pm »
Congratulations!  Lots of great information on this message board to help you set up your speakers.  There's an owner's manual on the Spatial Audio Lab website with good basic information.

Marcus

Thank you, Marcus! You mentioned in an earlier post your "position in the queue". How does one check that? Directly with Clayton?

sshook

« Reply #9 on: 15 Jun 2021, 05:18 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle

Thanks! Glad to be here.

sshook

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2021, 05:19 pm »
Congratulations on your new speakers. Your current system looks very nice.

Al

Thank you, and thank you!

sshook

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2021, 05:21 pm »
Congratulations, nice system.  Most likely you will not need the Rel subs any longer. I have the X5s in a medium size room and was using two rel subs with my previous speakers.  With my X5s I no longer needed them and when inserted they actually detracted from the open baffle bass quality of the X5s.  But YMMV so of course experiment as to what you like best.

Thank you. When Clayton and I spoke at the show he indicated the same on the RELs. One of the reasons I chose the X3s was to finally have an integrated full range floor stander. Looking forward to hearing the difference.

sshook

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jun 2021, 05:24 pm »
Welcome.  You have a nice system there, but the X3's are going to really step it up over the Harbeths.  And with Roon you have the option of implementing a few more filters to tailor your sound a bit more.  Now you have to do the waiting game.  Wait for them to get to you and then wait for them to break in.  I never had a speaker that needed so many hours to sound its best, but when it does.......oooeeee!  Congrats!

Thank you! I'm pretty good at buying gear but terrible at waiting for it to arrive. Sigh.

doggie

« Reply #13 on: 15 Jun 2021, 07:21 pm »

How long did you wait? I have just passed 9 weeks waiting for my X5's to ship...

doggie

« Reply #14 on: 15 Jun 2021, 07:24 pm »
Welcome @sshook.

I bet the Hegel will work really well with your X3's.

sshook

« Reply #15 on: 15 Jun 2021, 09:34 pm »
Welcome @sshook.

I bet the Hegel will work really well with your X3's.

Thanks! Fingers crossed on the Hegel/Spatial pairing.

doggie

« Reply #16 on: 15 Jun 2021, 11:58 pm »
Thanks! Fingers crossed on the Hegel/Spatial pairing.

I do not think that you will need to cross your fingers. I believe that pairing is used here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUVfZeUEz_w&ab_channel=NewRecordDayNewRecordDay

sshook

« Reply #17 on: 16 Jun 2021, 01:54 am »

I do not think that you will need to cross your fingers. I believe that pairing is used here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUVfZeUEz_w&ab_channel=NewRecordDayNewRecordDay

Thanks for sharing that YouTube video. I've watched it at least two times and somehow missed the fact that Ron was playing those tracks through his Hegel H390. I think I'm going to be very happy. :D

geerock

« Reply #18 on: 16 Jun 2021, 10:52 pm »

How long did you wait? I have just passed 9 weeks waiting for my X5's to ship...

I bought mine in January 2020.  I was lucky,  I waited a little over 3 weeks.  And I got them before the price increase.

doggie

« Reply #19 on: 18 Jun 2021, 04:12 pm »
I bought mine in January 2020.  I was lucky,  I waited a little over 3 weeks.  And I got them before the price increase.

I got shipping notice for my X5s yesterday. They will come by freight but that is probably the least risky in terms of damage.

Really looking forward to this!