LampizatOr Atlantic TRP

Gopher

LampizatOr Atlantic TRP
« on: 2 Jul 2019, 04:22 pm »
Hello All.

I wanted to share with you a fantastic thread documenting user feedback of our newest DAC the Altantic TRP (Tube Rollers Paradise).   

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/lampizator-golden-atlantic-trp.27809/page-5#post-583406

This unit has been a smash hit since we debuted it at AXPONA 2019 alongside our friends at Deadalus, Linear Tube Audio and Wywires.

The feedback of user AlRainbow on Page 5 is particularly interesting as Al has the TRP right now alongside a Pacific and Golden Gate 2 (both of which he owns).  Here is a little background on Al's world class system from the esteemed Myles Astor who deemed it worthy of reviewing:  https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/the-audio-vault/general-audio/113628-a-visit-to-al-rainbow-aka-al-d-s-place?fbclid=IwAR0cWD4lLSJ1pyE9G5CcAwJ8fBrA2Ul-Lj167T5Qo1mfDue3egSy5OcrgHU

Tomy2Tone

Re: LampizatOr Atlantic TRP
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2019, 09:21 pm »
Hey Fred, for those of us who are contemplating the TRP upgrade can you clarify some things. Is it available for any model Atlantic? And what exactly gets changed out? Is the new E53 engine part of the package?

Thanks!

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2019, 08:54 pm »
Sorry I missed this question.

Yes, the digital engine gets completely changed out to the new engine 53.  The analog stage is mostly changed as well, including the tube heater circuit.   There are server parts substitutions throughout--it's a significant rebuild.

It is available for regular Atlantics as well as Golden Atlantics.   The Golden variants are the same fundamental circuit with superior components throughout (caps, chokes, resistors, footers, chassis, grounding, etc.) and few other changes. 

We also offer affordable rebuilds of Atlantic series DACs to Atlantic 2: TRP.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2019, 01:34 am »
That’s great, thanks Fred! Love that Lukasz keeps improving and allows for current owners to upgrade.

Shredder

« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2019, 02:00 pm »
I also love the upgrade paths offered. With digital tech changing so rapidly, it really helps retain the value of the original pricey investment. Certainly helps that the upgrade sounds great as well.

morganc

« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2019, 06:03 am »
How does the basic Atlantic TRP
Compare to the Amber 3 Fred?

GlennDog

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2020, 02:30 am »
Those new to Lamp and unfamiliar with the house sound, would appreciate thoughts on SQ of A3 vs Atlantic TRP

Is the TRP 2x the A3 ? . . . TIA

mreeter

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2020, 02:28 am »
Hey GlennDog! While I can't tell you the tonal/sonic differences between these two DACs, I will say that you are more than welcome to stop in at my place, at any time to hear the Amber 3.