Selling all demo speakers!!!

rbbert

Re: Selling all demo speakers!!!
« Reply #80 on: 27 Oct 2020, 12:25 pm »
Since my “new” Apollo 11’s were demo speakers in a previous life, I don’t know how much actual breaking in has occurred, but I can say that I am enjoying them more and more each day.  As I am able to get around to listening to more favorite and familiar recordings I find myself sinking further into the music rather than thinking about the playback system.   These speakers are a dramatic step up, and I’m really glad I overcame any slight reservations I might have had about upgrading.  You’re next, Asghar  :lol:

A_shah

« Reply #81 on: 17 Nov 2020, 10:38 pm »
for some reason I am not able to upload my pictures of the new set up on AC. but as an update I am using the Poseidon in my HT system for now to break in the new tweeters , I have noticed that after about 30 +plus hours they seem to open up and are much more smoother , Lou tells me that it would take up to 200 hours for them to really break  in  :popcorn:

Asghar
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2020, 10:54 pm by A_shah »

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #82 on: 17 Nov 2020, 11:25 pm »
for some reason I am not able to upload my pictures of the new set up on AC. but as an update I am using the Poseidon in my HT system for now to brake in the new tweeters , I have noticed that after about 30 +plus hours they seem to open up and are much more smoother , Lou tells me that it would take up to 200 hours for them to really brake  in  :popcorn:

Asghar
I noticed you no alonger have a gallery or system listed below your name and contact links.  My guess is something in your profile settings???

Alan

GregC

« Reply #83 on: 18 Nov 2020, 12:00 am »
I noticed you no alonger have a gallery or system listed below your name and contact links.  My guess is something in your profile settings???

Alan

Alan may be right, I lost my gallery and pictures were lost in some of my posts.

aldcoll

« Reply #84 on: 18 Nov 2020, 12:16 am »
Alan may be right, I lost my gallery and pictures were lost in some of my posts.
My wife's info will be forwarded so you can repeat the above statement.  When that is done you can select a cd or cable of your choice.  She told my attorney then were scattered about by the trash cart.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #85 on: 18 Nov 2020, 01:59 am »
My wife's info will be forwarded so you can repeat the above statement.  When that is done you can select a cd or cable of your choice.  She told my attorney then were scattered about by the trash cart.

Alan, you didn't go and piss her off again, did you?  :nono:

aldcoll

« Reply #86 on: 18 Nov 2020, 05:29 am »
Trying to keep things fresh and varrued for the neighbors who usually see us for weekends only.  Who knew things happened through the week. 

I actually had one couple down the street ask where I was laid off from?  I replied it was my bad for not checking the schedule for the last eight years for a start time.

She brought us a casserole the next day to help out.

Yikes

Alan

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #87 on: 11 Dec 2020, 06:14 am »
Well this was kind of fun selling all the demos, (yes they are ALL gone), now we have to build new and don't hold your breath for the next sale 8)

Thanks everyone for all your support and kindness! :thumb:

Hope to see some of you this summer at Pacific Audio Fest! :popcorn:

aldcoll

« Reply #88 on: 12 Dec 2020, 12:16 am »
When will the new models be announced  :roll:

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #89 on: 12 Dec 2020, 10:48 pm »
When will the new models be announced  :roll:

In about two weeks, along with the new prices. Sorry but our costs have gone way up and I have not raised prices in at least three years.

GregC

« Reply #90 on: 12 Dec 2020, 11:48 pm »
I am very happy with my Athena speakers.  Thanks Lou!

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #91 on: 19 Feb 2021, 03:37 am »
Pleasantly surprising and a bit counter-intuitive (and thanks to audiotom posting his experience) the Apollo 11's seem to acoustically fit my slightly asymmetric mid-sized room better than the Ulysses.  In addition to playing "big", the stereo image is more centered and the sweet spot is larger.  I don't notice much if any difference in bass quality or quantity, though, but that has not been a problem with any speakers I have used in the last 10-12 years; perhaps more listening time on a broader selection of source material will change that.

Wonderful to hear that the Apollo 11s are magic to your ears

It sounds like your encouraging wife is enjoying them also

I promised Lou a review but I’ve been oh so busy listening

Tom