New Line Force model up and playing with pics.

spytech

Re: New Line Force model up and playing with pics.
« Reply #60 on: 20 Oct 2020, 05:52 pm »
bump, for the neo 10's, will they be produced (to your specifications)?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #61 on: 21 Oct 2020, 12:45 am »
Judging from his Neo10 samples I saw Monday, it doesn't look like it. 3 samples were completely bare without any felt or damper, with the fourth having felt only applied to the outer rows on the back, and narrow strips applied between each magnet... LMAO

It's unfortunately common for language barriers with overseas manufacturers to cause major slowdowns.

It's possible he has something else in the works, but he would know whats currently in the pipeline.

Stefan42

« Reply #62 on: 7 Feb 2021, 05:00 am »
Any update on the line force? Will they be happening this year?

Thanks,
Stefan

Captainhemo

« Reply #63 on: 8 Feb 2021, 07:24 pm »
Been  waiting to do another small run n of the cabinets for a couple people....  we were hoping to  do at least  3 pairs but are still at  2  confirmations at this point....

Folks need their own source for the Neo10's,  Danny  can supply tweeters and networks

jay

Stefan42

« Reply #64 on: 8 Feb 2021, 11:18 pm »
Thanks Jay,
any idea if the Apogee Acoustics EMIMs could be used as replacement for the Neo-10s? Or are those different in size and require a different cross over?

Thanks,
Stefan

Captainhemo

« Reply #65 on: 8 Feb 2021, 11:35 pm »
I am not  sure but imagine    there  would at minimum be cross over  difference....
BGNeo10 drawing   in this  PDF:
https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/264-715-bohlender-graebener-neo10-specifications-47008.pdf

jay

Jaytor

« Reply #66 on: 8 Feb 2021, 11:38 pm »
I doubt these are the same size, and they are certainly not compatible with Danny's crossover design. The EMIM drivers have a 3 ohm impedance, while the NEO 10s are 8 ohm. And I suspect that the sensitivity, frequency response, and directivity are also quite different.

It may be possible to find BG Neo10 drivers - you can try contacting Parts Express. They don't have them listed any longer, but they may be able to special order them or have some inventory still available. I got mine from them in December.

Stefan42

« Reply #67 on: 8 Feb 2021, 11:52 pm »
Thanks guys, yeah, thought they would be different.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #68 on: 10 Feb 2021, 05:27 pm »
I wanted to do some followup on a response in another thread, but don't want to hijack that thread. I think it would be a more appropriate location here. If not, feel free to move or delete. This is the response:

From Danny's test samples I took a look at back in October, it's looking highly unlikely for now..
None of them had the dampening layer between the diaphragm and magnets. Tho, one of them did have thin strips of dampener between the magnets which was really odd.. lol

But it really comes down to being able to communicate with the manufacturers in China/Taiwan, which isn't always easy, even when both parties are speaking the same language..

Hopefully one of these days, a suitable replacement can be had!  :thumb:

Which is from this thread:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=post;quote=1844795;topic=174647.0;last_msg=1844795

I'm curious as to why the overseas company is having difficulty coming up with a Neo 10 replacement whereas there is a company has made a replacement for the Neo 3.

Are there any significant differences, other than size, between the Neo 3 and the Neo 10?  :scratch:

I really am hopeful that the Neo 10 replacement happens, preferably sooner. There are many people who want to try one of the various Speakers that feature the Neo 10. I think that little Monitor with the Neo 3/10 Combo is a winner in that size/price range. Having that in a "Near field" Office desk, then moving it over on top of a Dual OB Sub for "Full Range" would be outstanding. I know I love my Super 7's, and I think there are several people who want to give the Line Force a go.

Fingers crossed.

Danny Richie

« Reply #69 on: 10 Feb 2021, 05:56 pm »
Neo 10's are still under a patent.