FS: Galibier Design Serac with Upgraded Motor Controller [SOLD]

Clio09

[SOLD] This is Galibier Design's entry-level turntable, purchased directly from Thom Mackris in 2012.   

The Serac shares trickle down technology from the top models in the line, including the same bearing, motor, and controller board as the Stelvio. Where it differs from other models in the line is in the 2.75” thick machined PVC platter (vs. the Aluminum/PVC/Lead/Oil/Carbon fiber composite of the Gavia) and the base which is made from a 3.5-inch stack of MDF versus the machined aluminum.

This Serac comes with:

2014 upgraded motor/controller which was a $1,400 upgrade at the time (there was also a minor revision to the controller in 2018 which cost $295 which I did not get).

TENMA 72-8141 power supply for the motor controller which is the one Galibier originally supplied with the 2014 motor controller upgrade. In the original ad I indicated power supply was not included but I just found it as it was buried in one of my boxes. Note that it is also possible to upgrade to the Teddy Pardo power supply that Galibier now recommends and indicates is a significant upgrade (cost is $495). In addition, an Astron RS-7A which is about $75 - $95 can also be used but doubt it will offer much of an upgrade if any over the TENMA.

Pre-drilled arm board for an SME Series III-S with titanium wand (see pics). This tonearm is available with the purchase of the Serac for an additional $400. NOTE: The tonearm will not be sold separately. If the buyer of the table does not want it I will keep it. If you prefer to use another tonearm Thom can supply arm boards but check with him for pricing and tonearm compatibility with the Serac. Thom also mentioned that he has Artisan Fidelity branded Jelco SA-250 tonearms available with arm boards predrilled for them.

Kapton and cloth belts, as well as the remainder of the bearing oil I have.

Except for some scratches on the aluminum top plates of the motor controller, arm board, and mounts the chrome is in nice shape. There is a crack in the MDF base which is barely noticeable and that I tried to capture in the pictures. As such the table is rated 7/10.

Price is $1375 without the tonearm. Buyer also pays shipping/insurance to lower US 48 only and add 3.5% for PayPal if that is your preferred payment method.

« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2019, 05:20 pm by Clio09 »

Clio09

Re: FS: Galibier Design Serac with Upgraded Motor Controller
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2019, 02:08 pm »
**Bump**

Found the power supply so it is now included in the sale.

Clio09

Re: FS: Galibier Design Serac with Upgraded Motor Controller
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2019, 02:31 pm »
**Bump**