I am a little amazed…

daveyf

I am a little amazed…
« on: 28 Sep 2021, 05:53 am »
I just acquired one of Dave’s D2ultra interconnects. Prior to this I was using a 1.5 meter pair of truly superb cables that are now getting great press and are new to the market. I’m not mentioning these cables by name, but suffice it to say, they were revelatory in my system…until NOW!
Dave’s D2 ultra cables are even more musical and resolving than the mentioned cables…which I thought would be basically impossible! The cables that I replaced were a 1.5 meter pair, Dave’s incredible cables are a 1 meter pair. I use them at the source, coming from my Esoteric player to my CAT Ren BPX preamp. The increase in depth, reduction in slight glare, overall increase in soundstage width and general flow of the music was hugely evident. How this is even possible is beyond me. The newer cable designs are multi thousand dollar cables, and they are as stated, very very good…BUT Dave’s amazing D2 ultra’s beats them in what to me is the most important aspect in music production…being able to make better sense of the flow and ebb and meaning of the music.
Could it be that the difference in length at the source could be aiding in these findings…I guess that is possible. Nonetheless, I wanted to give a big shout out to Dave for once again producing a cable that is almost beyond belief…WOW..crazy good stuff.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: I am a little amazed…
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2021, 06:22 pm »
Hi Davey, Thanks very much for posting your impressions of the D2!  :thumb:

---------

D2 is intended to be a top-end copper cable using UPOCC copper litz wire and WBT silver RCA plugs, or Furutech CF-600 series XLRs.

What's more, D2 is priced to attract new buyers to ZenWave Audio, it's a loss-leader that's really worth MUCH more than I charge. Currently, you can get a 1m pair of D2 for $499 with WBT RCA plugs. The WBT plugs go for over $400 by themselves, plus I add a real carbon fiber damper to the locking barrels.

While many people are interested in my top-end DSR and D4 interconnect cables I also offer what I think are the best value in cables at all price ranges. So don't forget the D1 and D2 are possibly the best cables you can get at the $150 and $500 price ranges as well. Furthermore, I have also added the Clear Bass line of cables, which includes a power cable at the $299 range that I feel is an exceptional value.

maxima95

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2021, 07:41 pm »
Dave - What XLR Plugs are the standard D2 XLRs terminated with?

Thanks.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 5 Oct 2021, 10:27 pm »
Dave - What XLR Plugs are the standard D2 XLRs terminated with?

Thanks.

I'm switching to Neutrik silver-plated XLRs as I feel they are a bit more neutral vs the gold-plated Furutech 700 series I was using. I still have some Furutech plugs left so I can do either right now, and in the future I can always customize any cable however you'd like, so I can use any plugs you want.

daveyf

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2021, 03:59 am »
 In my system, many times a silver based cable is simply a tad too bright. I think the D2 ultra's are incredibly neutral sounding and not tipped up in any way. Some folks need a tipped up cable in their system, particularly if it is trending 'dark'. That is where a silver based, or silver/copper cabe seems to come in. I do think one has to be very careful with cable matching and not assume that the more expensive metals are always the way to go....unless of course you think Nordost Odin Gold is a good idea :nono:...and your bank manager agrees, LOL.
« Last Edit: 9 Oct 2021, 03:44 pm by daveyf »

jtcf

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2021, 09:52 pm »
Every one of Dave's cables I've tried are excellent. Definitely don't overlook the D1 and D2.In my system there is a D1 along with a pair of the silver ribbon ics which compliment each other perfectly. Also a silver ribbon pc and most recently copper ribbon sp cables.I was silly enough to audition them all first, then couldn't live without them. Enjoy those ics Davey!

Randy

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2021, 11:17 pm »
If one was to order a pair of the D2, will they come with the Neutrik silver-plated XLRs?  The website doesn't specify.

Randy

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2021, 08:06 pm »
If one was to order a pair of the D2, will they come with the Neutrik silver-plated XLRs?  The website doesn't specify.
and I am a little amazed I never got a response - from anybody.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2021, 08:35 pm »
Hi guys, @Randy in particular...  I'm sorry for the lack of response!

I got covid near the end of October and have been trying to catch up ever since. Part of it is the aftereffects linger and I have fatigue and headaches that make it a little hard to focus and get through the day with any sort of productivity. Every day is better though and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I was vaccinated w/ Pfizer and I got it from a friend who is usually very careful and actually got a booster recently. The booster kept him from getting sick, but he misdiagnosed a runny nose as allergies and spead it to me. It's been about 6mo since my last shot so either it wasn't as effective or I just got unlucky. OTOH my experience with covid was about the same severity as an average flu, so I am grateful it wasn't nearly as bad as some have gone through and it's looking likely I'll make a full recovery.

It is a bizarre disease, it provokes immune reactions that seem to have little to do with what the virus is doing. For example a bad sore throat, but if you look at my throat it's completely normal, not even a little red. I also lost smell entirely for about 5 days, and couldn't clearly taste anything beyond an impression of sweet, bitter, hot, etc.

In any case, to answer your question Randy, yes I currently use Neutrik XLRs but if you'd like I can use the gold plated Furutech plugs as well.  :)  Furutech are warmer, Neutrik more neutral.

Thanks for your post and I will do my best to reply more quickly going forward, but also feel free to email or call, contact info is on my website, zenwaveaudio.com.

MttBsh

« Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2021, 10:08 pm »
Glad you're feeling better Dave. I don't think anyone would question your always excellent customer service.

Randy

« Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2021, 11:14 pm »
Jeeze, Dave, I had no idea.  I hope you are feeling better.

I thought you might have been at a show somewhere or other, or just out of town.

Randy

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #11 on: 12 Nov 2021, 12:10 am »
Glad you're feeling better Dave. I don't think anyone would question your always excellent customer service.

Jeeze, Dave, I had no idea.  I hope you are feeling better.

I thought you might have been at a show somewhere or other, or just out of town.

Randy

Thanks! I'm doing much better. It's been tough to keep up with everything even before I got covid, so it's been really difficult to take unplanned time off... but I'm getting there.  :D

daveyf

« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2021, 07:33 am »
Dave, sorry to hear that you are sick. Covid is no joke even if you are vaccinated. My sister- in-law got it, she's just 40, and she was super fit ( BUT not vaccinated)...now she has a very hard time just walking up a flight of stairs!! ( six months later!!) This is one of the reasons I just got my booster.
Anyhow, glad to hear you are feeling better...and keep on making those crazy great cables!! :thumb:

jonbee

« Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2021, 05:13 pm »
Sorry to hear about this, Dave.
Get well. We need guys like you!

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #14 on: 14 Nov 2021, 03:34 pm »
Thanks Davey and Jon, much appreciated. I'm doing well overall, this stuff is persistent but every day is better!  :D