HiFi Lounge, The UK's Newest Bryston Dealer, Grand Opening October 27th/28th!

Vipers

Thanks Marius, yeah, I've got another follower :thumb:

As for the headphone stands, you mean these -

They are called Omega Headphone stands, most countries have a sole distributor, I buy ours from the UK distributor, I think there are only 2 places in the UK that actually sell them, us being one, but they are £99 so not overly cheap, if you follow this link then hopefully there is someone on the list that you can contact -

http://www.sieveking-sound.de/equipment/detail/id/16

Marius

HI Paul,

No, I meant these:

Cheers,
Marius

Thanks Marius, yeah, I've got another follower :thumb:

As for the headphone stands, you mean these -

They are called Omega Headphone stands, most countries have a sole distributor, I buy ours from the UK distributor, I think there are only 2 places in the UK that actually sell them, us being one, but they are £99 so not overly cheap, if you follow this link then hopefully there is someone on the list that you can contact -

http://www.sieveking-sound.de/equipment/detail/id/16

Ritchief

Guys,

A quick request if you don't mind, since starting HiFi Lounge I've discovered the wonders of facebook and twitter, I know I'm a bit slow of the mark there :roll: but I've quickly found out in the last month since opening that there is always something to talk about in this game and I really enjoy the whole social media thing, but I'm stuck on around 50 followers on both, not many I know, so I'm starting a quest to see if I can get to 100, so if I ask nicely would any of you guys mind 'following' me on twitter or 'liking' me on facebook if you do that kind of thing, thanks :thumb:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/HiFi-Lounge/189093477889512?ref=hl

https://twitter.com/hifilounge

Done......hope my mug is still waiting for me !..

Rich.

Vipers

HI Paul,

No, I meant these:

Cheers,
Marius

Oh I see, sorry Marius, those are supplied by Sennheiser as display stands for a new initiative they have launched called Club Ortheus, which means a few select dealers can demo their top products, so unfortunately they are not for sale.

Vipers

Done......hope my mug is still waiting for me !..

Rich.

Thanks Rich, still here mate, although the coffee in it is a little cold now :)

spinner

You guys are great. How I miss this kind of hifi shop. Best of everthing in yourefforts. :thumb: :thumb:

Vipers

Thanks Spinner, really appreciate that :)

I thought twice about posting these pictures as I am Bryston through and through but yesterday I was lent a pair of T+A mono blocks that can either run at 1000 watts high power or 60 watts of Pure Class A high current, they use a valve input stage mixed with solid state for amplification, with the SP3 and BDP-1/BDA-1 through the PMC MB2i's it was astonishing. When set to the 1000 watts it didn't sound drastically different to my 7B's but in Class A it was captivating, it just gave more body, weight and scale to everything, a real organic richness, and I guess having a valve input stage doesn't hurt either, I think I'm turning into a Class A junkie :)

James, how about a Bryston Valve hybrid range :P

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Nice piece of engineering there  :thumb:

James

Vipers

Hi Guys,

I just thought I'd mention that due to having the New JVC X55 projector and OPPO BDP-105EU on demo we are having a home cinema open day at HiFi lounge on January 19th with obviously Bryston at the heart of the system with the SP3 and 7B's/4B's powering the system, here is more info if anyone would like to come along -

JVC and OPPO Home Cinema Open Day at HiFi Lounge January 19th!

Even though Music is our passion at HiFi Lounge we also love our films and with the new range of JVC projectors just being launched along with the new OPPO Blu Ray universal players we thought it was a perfect opportunity to have a movie open day to show why we consider JVC and OPPO to be the perfect partners to get the most out of your movies, it will also be a good excuse to to have some fun, watch some truly reference movie clips and help clear those January blues.

We have the JVC X55 on permanent demo along with the OPPO BDP-105 so if you are interested in seeing how amazing JVC’s eSHift technolgy is and how it helps get even more out of your Blu Ray’s or would like to hear the analogue section of the OPPO BDP-105 in action or explore all its features in a little more depth then please feel free to come along. As well as JVC and OPPO we will be using the mighty Bryston SP3 surround processor, Bryston Power amps and a PMC/REL 5.1 setup which comprises of PMC MB2i’s, CB6i, Wafer 2’s and a REL R528 which we believe offers one of the best movie experiences available today.

We will also have experts on hand to answer any questions you may have and please feel free to bring along any of your favourite films for us to give a whirl, we will be running this open day on January 19th between 10am - 5pm so please pop in and we’ll supply the popcorn.

You can also read a quick blog I did last week trying to show eShift2 in action here, but in reality pictures just don’t do it justice, you really do need to see it in action -

http://hifilounge.tumblr.com/post/37403402852/jvc-x55-projector-now-on-demo-at-hifi-lounge

Thanks for looking and hope to see you on January 19th for what promises to be a fun day :-)

werd

Vipers your store looks medieval. I would rather go to your place for an audio excursion than the RMAFf which would be much closer and cheaper and more gear. Looks good  :thumb:

Vipers

Thanks Werd, Please feel free to pop in next time you are within a few hundred miles :thumb:

Vipers

Hi Guys,

Just a quick message to jog everyone memory that it is our Cinema Open Day this Saturday, January 19th, if anyone is in the area. We will have both the OPPO BDP-103EU and 105EU setup if anyone would like to see both in action, I have been playing with the 105EU a lot over the last few weeks and it does nothing but impress, with what ever you throw at it. I've been buying up SACD's also so we can sit back and give them a whirl.

Not to forget the JVC X55, if you'd like to see eShift in action or just how amazing the new range of JVC projectors are then why not pop in for a what hopefully will be a fun day, and if we get snowed in, well there are worse places to be I guess  :)

As part of the system we will also be running the Bryston SP3 processor with 5 channels of Bryston power driving a full surround set-up of PMC speakers including the PMC MB2i's and also the REL 528 subwoofer, luckily being a Saturday the other business's in the area won't be around so we can make as much noise as we like  :icon_twisted:

Please feel free to bring any of your favourite DVD's or Blu-Rays to put our cinema setup through it's paces, hopefully see a few of you on Saturday  :thumb:

Vipers

Hi Guys,

A little short notice I know but I've just heard from my JVC rep that if anyone is coming to the event this weekend that they will hopefully be able to offer some kind of special deals on JVC Projectors purchased through the event, sorry I can't be any clearer but apparently JVC are still sorting something out as we speak, please feel free to ring for more info.

If for any reason the snow is too bad as predicted tomorrow, we may run the event again in a couple of weeks time for anyone who can't actually get to us this weekend, but I guess we'll just have to see how bad things get and hopefully the weather men are wrong and we'll have a great event :)

Cheers,

Vipers

Weather Update For Today's Cinema Open Day!

Hi All,

Just thought I’d post a quick update regarding the weather conditions around HiFi Lounge for today’s JVC/OPPO Cinema Open Day.

Firstly, I’m here with everything all powered up ready for action :-) Secondly I had no problems getting here this morning, to be honest I think around here we got away quite lightly, I was expecting the biggest snow storm of all time and all we got was a light dusting with as far as I can tell no more snow expected for today.

So the roads up to the entrance to HiFi Lounge seem clear with no problems whatsoever, including the A1m, you will just need to take a little care when driving up the driveway to HiFi lounge as that hasn’t seen any traffic yet so is a little snowy.

So hopefully it isn’t too bad where you are coming from and hope to see as many of you as possible for a fun day.

If I hear that the weather it is quite bad for a lot of people, there is still the possibility that we will hold the event again in a couple of weeks for those who couldn’t make it in so please let me know if you were planning on coming and would indeed like us to hold the evnt again, so that I can judge the situation

Thanks.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
Weather Update For Today's Cinema Open Day!

Hi All,

Just thought I’d post a quick update regarding the weather conditions around HiFi Lounge for today’s JVC/OPPO Cinema Open Day.

Firstly, I’m here with everything all powered up ready for action :-) Secondly I had no problems getting here this morning, to be honest I think around here we got away quite lightly, I was expecting the biggest snow storm of all time and all we got was a light dusting with as far as I can tell no more snow expected for today.

So the roads up to the entrance to HiFi Lounge seem clear with no problems whatsoever, including the A1m, you will just need to take a little care when driving up the driveway to HiFi lounge as that hasn’t seen any traffic yet so is a little snowy.

So hopefully it isn’t too bad where you are coming from and hope to see as many of you as possible for a fun day.

If I hear that the weather it is quite bad for a lot of people, there is still the possibility that we will hold the event again in a couple of weeks for those who couldn’t make it in so please let me know if you were planning on coming and would indeed like us to hold the evnt again, so that I can judge the situation

Thanks.

Good luck with the show Vipers  :thumb:

james

won ton on

James, I'm sure you have your fair share of snow out your way.Down here in the banana belt(west of Toronto)it's all melting.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
James, I'm sure you have your fair share of snow out your way.Down here in the banana belt(west of Toronto)it's all melting.

In Whitby only had the snow shovel out once this year  :thumb:

Vipers

Good luck with the show Vipers  :thumb:

james

Thanks James, it doesn't take much over here for things to grind to a halt, I don't know what would happen if we got the weather you guys get  :roll:

We had a pretty good turn out all things considered but I have decided to run the event again in a couple of weeks for the guys who couldn't make it.

Vipers

Hi All,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who braved the weather and came along yesterday for our cinema open day, we had a steady flow all day which was great to see and also great fun, so thanks again.

I have heard from a few people though that were planning to come along but just couldn’t get to us due to the heavy snow fall the day before, with this in mind we have decided to hold the event again in 2 weeks time on February 2nd in the hope for better weather.

I have no doubt that JVC will still offer the special offers that we had yesterday for their range of projectors so please ring for more details and hope to see everyone who couldn’t make yesterday on February 2nd for some more JVC/OPPO/Bryston/PMC fun :)

Thanks, Paul.

James Tanner

• Facilitator

Hi All,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who braved the weather and came along yesterday for our cinema open day, we had a steady flow all day which was great to see and also great fun, so thanks again.

I have heard from a few people though that were planning to come along but just couldn’t get to us due to the heavy snow fall the day before, with this in mind we have decided to hold the event again in 2 weeks time on February 2nd in the hope for better weather.

I have no doubt that JVC will still offer the special offers that we had yesterday for their range of projectors so please ring for more details and hope to see everyone who couldn’t make yesterday on February 2nd for some more JVC/OPPO/Bryston/PMC fun :)

Thanks, Paul.

I heard it was quite the snow storm?