FireFox just blew itself up.. All add ons disabled due to failure to update cert

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
FireFox just killed itself with a huge mistake. I used FireFox and just this morning had to switch to Opera. Tech sites say FireFox has released a fix. I can't seem to get it.
For me it was the disabling of the ad blockers. I did not realize just how bad ads have gotten!
So I took the next best one, Opera.
Hellp opera! goodbye FireFox.

srb

Per Mozilla, I just enabled Options > Privacy & Security > Firefox Data Collection and Use > Allow Firefox to install and run studies, then restarted Firefox.

The disabled extensions were enabled and about:studies now shows these newly installed active studies:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
I was *** with Firefox again, this was not a smart move from Mozila :duh:
They disbled even my English Language pack.

SRB: do you mean say with this procedure your add-ons was returned operating?

srb

SRB: do you mean say with this procedure your add-ons was returned operating?

Yes, all of them.

I'll probably keep an eye on the situation and disable studies when all is well.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Yes, all of them.

I'll probably keep an eye on the situation and disable studies when all is well.
What is happen?
Thanks for the heads-up.

//It dont works for me, add ons still in the Legacy limbo ((

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
Something odd are happening at Firefox extensions web page:

Elizabeth

I would guess FireFox will get a fix into the works soon enough. Just not TODAY.

ctviggen

I had to download Google Chrome.  I have to have Last Pass, as I have so many passwords, and now all my passwords are like cV&T2e1!, so I have no idea what they are. Last pass stores that for me, but the fix they suggested does not work.

Elizabeth

Opera did it all for me! Opera right after downloading and opening asked if I wanted my info copied to it. I clicked yes. ALL my stuff was transferred including the sites with passwords entered and operating. Pretty good IMO. Usually it is PITA to re-add all the links.
If you Google what are the best , FireFox is #1. then some other data hog, and third is Opera. which is also not a data hog, in fact it is highly recommended for rural dial up as the leanest system.

Doublej

Mozilla may have fixed it already. Firefox 66.0.4 is now out.

Opera - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera_(web_browser)

*Scotty*

Short  of switching to another browser you can download the Extended Release Support developer's version of Firefox which bypasses this kind of problem. That's what I did for a work around.  The only reason I even use Firefox is the utility of its addons. It is still a resource hog.
Scotty

lokie

Ive been a FF fan for a while  now but it seems to be realizing more and more problems.

Chrome works a lot better for a lot of things... banking, media,  foreign websites, etc.. I'm thinking the big boys are making it hard for the little guy to keep up.

WireNut

Mozilla may have fixed it already. Firefox 66.0.4 is now out.

Opera - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera_(web_browser)

Firefox 66.0.4 installed.

Elizabeth

Also see that FireFox has updated itself. Back to FireFox.
I had discarded my previous add ons and got a few of the current ones.
Ghostery and adblocker ultimate.

WireNut

This is a bit over my head, please explain...........

Elizabeth

This is a bit over my head, please explain...........
??? writing about my mention of 'add ons'?
If you click the last icon which leads you to the Fireox stuff. In the list is a line "ADD ONS"
All sorts of add ons. I mainly use the ad blocking. (I cannot stand browsing with out using an adblocker) Other use different ones. They are all free, or free with a donation or no donation. They do lots of things. They add on instantly. and are always trouble free. And can be discarded with a single click.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/?utm_source=discovery.addons.mozilla.org&utm_medium=firefox-browser&utm_content=find-more-link-top&src=api

Mudslide

Also see that FireFox has updated itself. Back to FireFox.
I had discarded my previous add ons and got a few of the current ones.
Ghostery and adblocker ultimate.

FF hasn't updated mine.  It's still deep sixed.  Hunting down 66.0.4.........   :banghead:

weatherman1

If you want the update for FF go to the right corner menu, open, go to help, at the bottom click about fire fox.  It will give you FF site that should ask you if you want 60.0 update. click and all should be restored.

hifix

I installed waterfox.  Only in 64 bit flavour.
I saved the old plug ons and dragged them on to waterfox ad block plus & no script work just fine.

No cert... no phone home.. no BS.  Hopefully.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
Opera have tabs below and favorites bar?

Just instaled the new 66.0.4 version and all add-ons have returned.
« Last Edit: 6 May 2019, 12:27 pm by FullRangeMan »