Pulled the trigger; ordered the HT2-TL!

Nuance

Re: Pulled the trigger; ordered the HT2-TL!
« Reply #60 on: 21 Sep 2009, 02:15 am »
Nuance, right now they are equidistant, all measurements are at 7'6" (90"). 32" off the side walls and about 3' from the front wall measured from the tweeter center.

vintagebob, your time will come, hopefully reall soon!
Cool cool.  Everything looks very good.  I'm jealous!  :)

mathgeek97

« Reply #61 on: 22 Sep 2009, 05:17 pm »
jazzcat,

The "The Official Salk Sound Owner's And Discussion Thread" over at AVS is too quiet and your HT2-TLs are much more photogenic than mine.  You should post your pics over there.  And link back to this discussion, of course. :)  *peer pressure*
Seriously, I'm not sure I would have gotten interested in owning Salks if there wasn't such a dynamic group of posters over there.  (Of course, having the local shops, which were selling B&W, PSB, and Paradigm, all go out of business helped my decision, but that's another story...)
-Kevin

jazzcat1

« Reply #62 on: 28 Sep 2009, 01:39 pm »
jazzcat,

The "The Official Salk Sound Owner's And Discussion Thread" over at AVS is too quiet and your HT2-TLs are much more photogenic than mine.  You should post your pics over there.  And link back to this discussion, of course. :)  *peer pressure*
Seriously, I'm not sure I would have gotten interested in owning Salks if there wasn't such a dynamic group of posters over there.  (Of course, having the local shops, which were selling B&W, PSB, and Paradigm, all go out of business helped my decision, but that's another story...)
-Kevin

Thanks everyone! These things are hard to put down and walk away from  :wink:

Hey Kevin, had a bad last week with wife down with the flu. Finally threw something up over at AVS.

Mark

funkmonkey

« Reply #63 on: 29 Sep 2009, 12:12 pm »

Wow!  :thumb:  those look great!  Beautiful.  Congratz!  Nice work again, Jim.

music lover

« Reply #64 on: 1 Oct 2009, 08:31 pm »
Anyone compared the HT2-TL to Merlin VSM speakers in terms of sound characteristics?  What would be the differences?

I had the older Standard VSMs

and currently considering the HT2-TL with the 14 inch depth, 3/4" enclosurer

Your feedback would be most appreciated

Music Lover

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #65 on: 1 Oct 2009, 11:06 pm »
Both speakers will be at RMAF tomorrow, and so will oneinthepipe.  He owns HT2 TL's, so he should be able to give you a useful comparison.  I've heard the Merlins, and they're very well designed speakers.  The differences may come down to differences in the woofer (Seas metal vs. Scan Speak (I believe) paper, and a high quality dome vs. a high quality ribbon. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #66 on: 2 Oct 2009, 12:04 am »
Anyone compared the HT2-TL to Merlin VSM speakers in terms of sound characteristics?  What would be the differences?

I had the older Standard VSMs

and currently considering the HT2-TL with the 14 inch depth, 3/4" enclosurer

Your feedback would be most appreciated

Music Lover

Both produce excellent music from the mid-range up.

The Salks will have a lot more punch and weight in the bass area compared to the Merlins.

Personally, I also think the Salks are nicer looking and provide a better value.  Of course, that is very subjective and simply my opinion.

George

music lover

« Reply #67 on: 2 Oct 2009, 01:12 am »
Thanks for your responses, more weight and a deeper defined bass response with similar quality midrange and highs are

exactly what I was looking for in a speaker for my 15' X 12' room. The Merlins worked perfect in this room except

that I wanted more bass extension. The HT2-TL might be the perfect speaker I was looking for and will be placing an order

with Salk Sound and Jim soon I hope.

Thanks,Keith