Stacking CI Audio gear?

Xcalibur

Stacking CI Audio gear?
« on: 9 Jan 2010, 05:50 am »
I've noticed it has been mentioned that it is unwise to stack the VHP-2 or VDA-2 directly beneath a VAC-1 because it can induce noise.

I currently stack my VHP2 on top of my VDA2, and both of the VAC1's are stacked on top of each other, separated and away from the VHP2/VDA2 stack.  Is this okay, or also a bad idea?  I got to thinking about it and I have no idea if two powersupplies are able to interfere with each other when in close proximity or not, but I'm not sure how the VHP2 and VDA2 would interfere with each other since the transformers are located in the VAC1's.

Should I keep all four of the units physically separate?  I'm a bit spaced challenged and would have liked to stack them as close as possible, but if it affects performance in any way I'll figure out a work around.

CIAudio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.ciaudio.com
Re: Stacking CI Audio gear?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2010, 06:33 pm »
Audio components should never be stacked directly on top of each other. In a situation where you have no choice, stack power supplies together and components together, never stack power supplies with components.

Xcalibur

Re: Stacking CI Audio gear?
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2010, 03:39 am »
Thanks for the reply.  It seems I'm at least doing it the best way I can right now.