Visionario Speakers Questions

davesch

Visionario Speakers Questions
« on: 15 Apr 2011, 06:25 pm »
I know Rick is real busy, so thought I would see if there are others with experiences with these speakers. I live in AZ and no one in my area has these to listen to.

My current setup is Audio Kismet Mono Amps, plenty of power. An Audio Research SP 14 for the pre amp. I do play some vinyl so I want to keep the SP14 in the mix. I also have a PS Audio DAC. Most digital is now played through JRiver Media on my pc to the DAC. I also have an old Genesis sub. I am looking to upgrade the Vandersteen 2ci's I have to something much better. Maybe eliminate the sub with the new speakers.

My room is about 14 by 20. Current speakers are about 3 ft from the back wall and 2 feet from the side walls. They are therefore about 6 ft apart. I sit about 6 to 7 feet from the speakers.

I have listened to the new Magenapn 3.7's and I really like their openess , but they lack the bass . I could get them and keep the sub and spend $6400. Or I could build my own. I have all the woodworking tools, built furniture and am sure I could build speaker boxes. I am not up on all of the lingo and new speakers that are avaialble. I like a nice wide soundstage. I listen to all types of music. Classic Rock, Rock, Jazz, No real heavy metal , some classical, and piano music.

Looking for that speaker that will keep me happy for many years. RIck says the Visionario would be a step up. He is busy at the show and I am trying to make a decision real soon.

Anybody have experience with these or have other comments?
THanks
Dave

Slanski62

Re: Visionario Speakers Questions
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2011, 01:16 pm »
Hi Dave.  I own the prototype Visionarios that you see on Rick's website.  He designed them based on my desire for a top-tier, full-range design with reasonable foot print.  I am thoroughly pleased with them.  I'm not good writing reviews, but I would be happy to talk to you more about them if you want to contact me off line.

davesch

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2011, 05:23 pm »
Yes I would like to talk to you . Not sure how to pm you or get your info? Feel free to email me and let me know how to contact you
Thanks
Dave

kip_

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2011, 02:32 pm »
Yes I would like to talk to you . Not sure how to pm you or get your info? Feel free to email me and let me know how to contact you
Thanks
Dave
Dave, I don't think you can send private messages until you have more posts (5 maybe?)