Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #1400 on: 11 Apr 2022, 08:58 pm »

aragon63

• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor

WGH

« Reply #1402 on: 5 Jun 2022, 08:40 pm »
A friend and I went out to Union Public House last night for happy hour Moscow Mules and pork sliders. A band was setting up outside so we stayed for a few songs.
I realized there is an entire world out there I know nothing about.

The band was Gigi and the GLOW
"...fun dance music cover band/show band experience, featuring all of your favorite dance hits from various genres! Our extensive cover band repertoire ranges from 70's & 80's"

I have 444 GB of music and didn't recognize any of their songs. I'll admit the 70's and 80's are a bit fuzzy in my mind. The band was tight, good musicians in a Las Vegas style cover band.

The GLOW has put on a few pandemic pounds

dpatters

« Reply #1403 on: 6 Jun 2022, 09:55 am »
Madeleine Peyroux at State Theatre, State College, PA on May 15th

Don P

RandyH

« Reply #1404 on: 6 Jun 2022, 11:36 am »
Bob Dylan, March 10.  Dallas.

WGH

« Reply #1405 on: 6 Jun 2022, 04:04 pm »
Last month a friend and I went to the Tucson Hop Shop, our favorite watering hole. They have an excellent tap selection with an ever changing variety of 20 beers to try out. Each evening a different food truck is parked in front and free live music is on the back patio every couple of weeks.

Golden Boots formed in 2002 but this is the first time I have seen them live. They describe themselves as alt-alt country band playing a mix of original folk, pop, and country songs. Tucson music has an recognizable regional sound, Calexico is the best known example but there are plenty of less well known local bands that are influenced by our beautiful, extreme climate and cultural diversity. Tucson, Arizona, became the first UNESCO City of Gastronomy designated in the United States.

Golden Boots sets were all instrumental with a laid back desert vibe. Whenever they play at the Hop Shop again, I'll be there.

Here is a video of them playing outside the Golden Pin Lanes from an issue of Arizona Illustrated, good stuff kids
https://youtu.be/hYlAhyJ0Z40

Back in the early 80's I was hanging out with a rougher crowd than I do now. We were shooting pool at the Golden Pin Lanes and the guy I was playing with said "What did you call me?" I told him I didn't say anything, didn't think too much about it and was lining up my next shot when the guy came up behind me and cold cocked me on the side of my head. Knocked me down, climbed on my back and started pounding. I was doing heavy construction at the time so he wasn't hurting me so instead of starting a bar fight I just yelled for someone to pull this idiot off me. He calmed down, we split and nobody got arrested. Never went back to the Golden Pin.

mjosef

« Reply #1406 on: 7 Jun 2022, 12:05 am »
Ornette Coleman: The shape of jazz to come.
https://www.bam.org/ornette-coleman

My first in person concert in 3 years. Did catch some virtual concerts during the pandemic years, with varying streaming quality.
But Live is LIVE.
Been a while since I heard an Oboe live, lol. Totally enjoyed it, felt comfortable with the mask required policy.

The outdoor concerts kicks off this week here in NYC, so will be attending more events in the coming months.

AudioSTL

« Reply #1407 on: 16 Sep 2022, 07:23 am »
Attended Dream Theater in STL in March 2022.  Great performance and musicianship, but was unnecessarily loud. (Even used ear plugs to filter high frequencies)

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #1408 on: 16 Sep 2022, 01:38 pm »
Last live show I went to was Refused on March 3rd 2020, right before covid lockdown. I'm really excited I'm going to see Between The Buried And Me on October 3rd. It's been way too long as I used to go to concerts almost weekly.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #1409 on: 16 Sep 2022, 02:02 pm »
Nothing since the pandemic began.  Before then Get Hip record store in Pittsburgh had regular punk music shows.  I think the last one was the Fleshtones.

Avoosl

« Reply #1410 on: 16 Sep 2022, 03:08 pm »
Last live show was in the Fall of 1971. Rare Earth was the main attraction, ShaNaNa was the lead-off band. Rare was dirt poor bad. ShaNaNa was great. Cheech and Chong was an intermission of rare foolishness.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #1411 on: 16 Sep 2022, 04:41 pm »
Nine Inch Nails at Red Rocks here in CO.  It was also my daughter's first live concert, she loved it.

stlrman

« Reply #1412 on: 16 Sep 2022, 05:25 pm »
Nice !! Red Rocks descended from Heaven !!
What a venue!!
Everyone should see at least one show there .

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #1413 on: 16 Sep 2022, 05:40 pm »
Nice !! Red Rocks descended from Heaven !!
What a venue!!
Everyone should see at least one show there .

I'm about 20 minutes from Red Rocks, I really should go more often.  It's a great venue.

Delta77

« Reply #1414 on: 16 Sep 2022, 06:39 pm »
Fortunate Youth at Strummers in Fresno.. July 13 -2022..

They cancelled the last two shows in Fresno due to Covid, which I had tickets for but was disappointed that they didn't play here in town.. Very small venue 25' x 60' room so no matter where you stand, you are never more than 50' from the stage..

I always have a good time at a Fortunate Youth event. Scanked the entire show.!

I've been to about 12-15 Fortune Youth shows since I discovered Reggae..

Our first Concert was in September of 2018..

Two days later (7-15-22) we went to see Iya Terra at the Cornerstone in Berkeley (Rescheduled from April)..

Iya Terra was O.K., I really don't care much for their last two albums, so the set list didn't get me up and Scankin'.

WGH

« Reply #1415 on: 18 Sep 2022, 05:46 pm »
Mitzi Cowell and Liz Fletcher at the Tucson Hop Shop outdoor patio.

Mitzi is a singer, songwriter, blues woman playing original R&B and American roots music. We stayed for two sets because Mitzi is that good.

Extended Getaway IPA by Pizza Port Brewing Company, Perpetual Movement Hazy IPA by Wiley Roots Brewing Company and a Snake Bite pizza from the Ciao Down Pizza truck made for a perfect fall evening out. 

rodge827

« Reply #1416 on: 27 Aug 2023, 01:55 am »
Professor Louie & The Crowmatix with the Woodstock Horns at Lizzie Rose Music Room in Clamtown (Tuckerton) NJ August, 18th.

Small venue 70 seats great sound and show  :thumb:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Louie

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #1417 on: 27 Aug 2023, 06:44 pm »
The Boss and the “extended” E Street Band at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA on 8/24/23.

They all still have it…just not quite the 3-4 hour high intensity shows from the 80’s, 90’s, and early 2000’s.

George

« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2023, 09:54 pm by zybar »

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #1418 on: 28 Aug 2023, 11:48 am »
Tedeschi Trucks Band and Ziggy Marley at Meadowbrook Theatre on 07/14/23 was a blast.

TRB1961

« Reply #1419 on: 30 Sep 2023, 08:36 am »
Was looking forward to seeing the Boss again in Detroit.  But with the tour now postponed until 2024 will have to be patient.  Get well wishes to him and Steven Tyler from Aerosmith.