Peridot up and running

Grandpa Mike

Peridot up and running
« on: 9 Aug 2006, 10:31 pm »
The Peridots are up and running since yesterday that I made from a kit.Upgrades in the speakers are Mundorf supreme caps in the tweeter board,and internally wired with Groneberg Quattro ref. cable.My initial first impressions are its a very good tight sounding speaker.It has very good bass,and capable of being played very loud.Rick is great to work with.I will post pictures and will do more of a detailed review soon.
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2006, 07:41 pm by Rick Craig »

MarkM

Re: Peridot up and runing
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2006, 07:33 pm »
I think this is the first reference I have stumbled upon about the Peridot.  The Peridot looks to be a tremendous value in the Selah line,  (there are other gems in his line) look forward to hearing more Grandpa Mike.... :wink:

Midnite Mick

Re: Peridot up and running
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2006, 09:03 pm »
I too am very interested as I have been looking at this one for a possible future build.

Mike

Bingenito

« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2006, 12:53 am »
The Peridot is an awesome speaker. I am also looking forward to Mike's comment. He has been to my place and I respect his opinion.

These Perdiots will be arriving at my house on the 20th

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=299&pos=3

(new pictures added 8/16/06 - Rick)
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2006, 09:27 pm by Rick Craig »

Frihed91

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2006, 09:30 am »
This is not the same speaker as on the website.  At least the picture on the website is different.

Are you bringing any Selah speakers to RMAF?

Bingenito

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2006, 11:02 am »
These are different Peridots that what is on the site. Rick and I will be at RMAF with a few pairs of Selah speakers and Blue Circle gear. We can start another thread so that we do not take over the original topic  :wink:

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2006, 08:57 pm »
This is not the same speaker as on the website.  At least the picture on the website is different.

Are you bringing any Selah speakers to RMAF?

I'll post a picture of the Peridot when I have the new pair assembled. Mike has heard both the Salk HT3 and our RC4 so he can give a comparison of the three for anyone who's interested.

As far as the RMAF we'll have something special to listen to  :thumb:

Brucemck

« Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2006, 06:04 pm »

I'd be EXTREMELY interested in a comparison between the HT3s and the RC4s!

LadyDog

« Reply #8 on: 14 Aug 2006, 06:16 pm »

I'd be EXTREMELY interested in a comparison between the HT3s and the RC4s!

I'm sure your not the only one.  If posted, hopefully it won't turn into another HT3 vs. VMPS thread.  Both being excellent speakers(and designers), it is a no lose situation for the buyer!

Bryan/Rick - beautiful speaker, quilted or curly maple?

Regards,
Jeff

Bingenito

« Reply #9 on: 14 Aug 2006, 09:21 pm »
Guess again.... Just kidding they are figured Eucalyptus. Each pair comes with a Koala bear latched on :P

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2006, 10:36 pm »

If posted, hopefully it won't turn into another HT3 vs. VMPS thread.  Both being excellent speakers(and designers), it is a no lose situation for the buyer!

Regards,
Jeff

I am confident we won't have those issues when discussing Selah and Salk speakers.

The tough part will be getting Rick and Bryan to send me some speakers so I can do the comparison.   :wink:

George

Bingenito

« Reply #11 on: 15 Aug 2006, 12:28 pm »
We are all just one big happy family now aren't we  :lol:

On a serious note I look forward to hearing folks compare designs from these 2 great companies. RMAF will give others an opportunity to hear various products and provide valuable feedback.

Brucemck

« Reply #12 on: 15 Aug 2006, 06:59 pm »

I too am confident that neither will be "bashed" in this forum.  Having heard units from both companies, they're both well designed and well executed.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #13 on: 16 Aug 2006, 03:54 pm »

If posted, hopefully it won't turn into another HT3 vs. VMPS thread.  Both being excellent speakers(and designers), it is a no lose situation for the buyer!

Regards,
Jeff

I am confident we won't have those issues when discussing Selah and Salk speakers.

The tough part will be getting Rick and Bryan to send me some speakers so I can do the comparison.   :wink:

George

The real question is will you be prepared to have another moderator ready to take your place?  :wink:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #14 on: 16 Aug 2006, 05:38 pm »

The real question is will you be prepared to have another moderator ready to take your place?  :wink:

Sure.

I love my Salks, but I am very open minded and not blindly attached to ANY single vendor.

If you build a better product (in terms of sound, quality, and service) that I can afford, I would absolutely buy it.

George

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #15 on: 16 Aug 2006, 09:28 pm »
These are different Peridots that what is on the site. Rick and I will be at RMAF with a few pairs of Selah speakers and Blue Circle gear. We can start another thread so that we do not take over the original topic  :wink:

I posted some completed system pictures  here http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=299

Enjoy!

Rick

meby

« Reply #16 on: 16 Aug 2006, 09:30 pm »
Why did you switch tweeters?

Bingenito

« Reply #17 on: 17 Aug 2006, 12:23 am »
The tweeter is the same but with a metal faceplate

MarkM

« Reply #18 on: 17 Aug 2006, 02:33 am »
Those sure are some purdy looking speakers. :beer:  Lets get some reviews on them!!!

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #19 on: 17 Aug 2006, 04:26 am »
Why did you switch tweeters?

It's the same Fountek tweeter. You may have seen the earlier version of the Fountek with a different ribbon element.