Revel speakers

bruinsfan72

Revel speakers
« on: 30 May 2014, 06:18 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with bryston amps matched to revel speakers, specifically the performa 3 f208's. They appear to be a reasonably priced and well regarded option for a big solid state amp like a 4b sst2. Thanks for any opinions.

Brian

drummermitchell

Re: Revel speakers
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2014, 01:28 am »
Well, I use a set of Revel 50-A's with the 28's which I like very much....but were always looking.
been meaning to for a long time to HOME Audition the Model T;'s and mini's for my surrounds.
Have had the Revels for a long time and they do work with Bryston power,otherwise I would have let them go a long time ago,at least 5-6 yrs,so no complaints whatsoever.
I also, when I had 7B-sst's I had the same speakers.
Did have the 4B-sst but that was for the Revel S-30 surrounds which was great,but again I like POWER so now I use 2x7B-SST2 for the surrounds and same speakers.
I think I'm on the verge for a change on the speaker side of things as its been very good,but doing a home audition with some different speakers might give me a breath of fresh air,worth a shot for me and its free those home auditions.
Besides all that chatter,I think Revel and Bryston go very well together :thumb:..
Never auditioned the Revels you stated but I'd assumed they would work very well.

mfsoa

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2014, 12:15 pm »
While I've never heard Bryston gear in my house, I did pick up some F206s a few months back and have been very pleased with them.

I can't imagine being disappointed with the F208s in their price range.

-Mike

yyz

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2014, 06:02 am »
I had the Revel Salons with 4B-SST for a short while. It could not play loud rock music as I wanted and the sound was not satisfying . I switched to the 7B-SST and I had a much better experience. I cannot remember being unhappy with the 7B-SST. This was about 7 years ago. So I would assume my speakers needed more power for my listening levels. The Salons have 7 drivers and was not very sensitive.