Why ST RT and not HT2?

TJHUB

Re: Why ST RT and not HT2?
« Reply #40 on: 25 Feb 2009, 03:39 pm »
There will soon be an opportunity for the WAC group to have a Salk Speaker GTG.  ST's, ST RT's, and HT2 TL's could all be in one room.  If the group could convince Jesse to purchase HT3's, then we could really have something special.  (Nuance:  time for you to help Jim sell another pair of speakers.  :wink: )  Then this thread could get some solid opinions on why ST's or HT2's...

Oh yeah...the guy with the biggest Salk's hosts the GTG... :)

That's WAC as in Wisconsin?  Not Washington D.C.    I'd kind of like to hear the HT2 TL's.

"WAC" is the name the Wisconsin group picked up on AVS.  It stands for "Wisconsin Audio Consortium."  :)  By the way, this group is highly respected all over the country.  :roll:

Nuance

« Reply #41 on: 25 Feb 2009, 03:44 pm »
Us Wisconsin Audio freaks were nicknamed the WAC because we're so wacky about our audio/video hobby.  Of course, it was very befitting. 

Dennis, you are welcome to attend any GTG the WAC holds.  We'll hopefully be holding a speaker shootout when the weather is more pleasant.  You should try to make the trip, as well as Jim and some of the others like BigRedMachine and greenhouseman.  Anyone and everyone is invited, especially the more "local" folks. 

When the time comes, we'll start a thread for the next WAC GTG. 

R Swerdlow

« Reply #42 on: 25 Feb 2009, 06:06 pm »
I thought the real purpose of those GTGs was to drink beer…

and WAC stood for Wisconsin Alcohol Consumers  :wink:.

Nuance

« Reply #43 on: 25 Feb 2009, 06:29 pm »

:lol:  I sip a few occasionally, but I don't heavily drink.  I suppose it would be befitting of the stereotypical WI festivities, though, eh?  Although, we'd have to add something in there about cheese too.  :)

bigbwb

« Reply #44 on: 25 Feb 2009, 06:58 pm »

You bring up a good point.  I have to decide on what other good beer I can bring up this time.

Why are we having this GTG, oh ya, to hear some subwoofers I think aa

bigbwb

« Reply #45 on: 25 Feb 2009, 06:59 pm »
Brandon,

did you endulge into my thank you gift by chance yet :P

funkmonkey

« Reply #46 on: 26 Feb 2009, 02:21 am »
Don't think for one minute that I didn't follow your adventure all the way.  I often wondered just how anyone could wait as long as you did.  :o  I'm certainly happy for you that it was worth the wait.  :)

However, I don't think I can keep myself busy like you did.  I'd love to assemble the front end you have to drive my Salks.  I'm in the process of researching a few things, but I think it'll be best to listen to the HT2's for bit and decide what they *need*.  This should be a fun process.

Now...what was this thread about?

You are going about it the right way, Terry.  If my wait wasn't "longer than usual" I would have done the same.  :D  But, I think I did okay in the meantime.  :wink:  Now I just have to work on the room...  i.e. a different/better one, hopefully one that I own!
How much longer do you have to wait?

TJHUB

« Reply #47 on: 26 Feb 2009, 02:59 am »
Don't think for one minute that I didn't follow your adventure all the way.  I often wondered just how anyone could wait as long as you did.  :o  I'm certainly happy for you that it was worth the wait.  :)

However, I don't think I can keep myself busy like you did.  I'd love to assemble the front end you have to drive my Salks.  I'm in the process of researching a few things, but I think it'll be best to listen to the HT2's for bit and decide what they *need*.  This should be a fun process.

Now...what was this thread about?

You are going about it the right way, Terry.  If my wait wasn't "longer than usual" I would have done the same.  :D  But, I think I did okay in the meantime.  :wink:  Now I just have to work on the room...  i.e. a different/better one, hopefully one that I own!
How much longer do you have to wait?

I know I'm doing it "the right way", but it's hard to keep waiting.  I really want to be patient about my upgrades from now on because it's so easy to spend money for little to no gain.  I'm also not sure what the HT2's are going to sound like because I've only heard Nuance's ST RT's one time.  Living with them for a few weeks will tell all, but based on Nuance's speakers, I have high hopes.

And yes, you did a great job with you setup.  I would love to have several of the pieces you have.

The wait...  It's tough to think about it.  I'm going through week 5 of my wait, so I'm hoping I'll see them in about 3 weeks.  I've already planned a "sick day" at work for the arrival day.  :)

Nuance

« Reply #48 on: 26 Feb 2009, 02:39 pm »
Brandon,

Yes sir!  Some of those stouts are potent, but I am enjoying them.  I've had two since I visited you...I savor them.  I enjoy a good beer with a great meal, so when the wife goes out of her way to cook something special, I break out the good stuff.  Of course, I'll have to indulge Saturday.  ;)

bigbwb

« Reply #49 on: 26 Feb 2009, 04:30 pm »
Brandon,

Yes sir!  Some of those stouts are potent, but I am enjoying them.  I've had two since I visited you...I savor them.  I enjoy a good beer with a great meal, so when the wife goes out of her way to cook something special, I break out the good stuff.  Of course, I'll have to indulge Saturday.  ;)

Good for you!

I will bring a few more good brews up with me Saturday again.  Patrick has me doing the brats too, beer brats anyone :drool:

See ya soon guys!

B