45 Tube SET with Omega Speakers.

trackball02

45 Tube SET with Omega Speakers.
« on: 16 Nov 2015, 08:46 pm »
I'm very new to Omega speakers and want to get opinions on how my 45 tube SET amp will sound with Omegas.

I have a Tube Audio Lab Korneff clone amp. My favorite tube is the Cunningham 45 globe and also will occasionally rotate Emission Lab 45 mesh tubes. My current speakers are Zu Soul Superflys with the updated drives and a Zu Undertone powered sub. I'm very tempted to replace the Zu Superflys with Omegas based on the reviews on AC and keep the powered sub. and, of course, the 45 SET amp.

My room is medium sized and I have a wide taste in music from Jazz, vocals, rock, pop and electronica. I spin lots of vinyl.

Pretty much interested in a monitor such as the Super 7 MK2 or Alnico. I'm not budget constrained.

Does anyone have experience with 45 globe tubes and these monitors?  Thanks!

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Re: 45 Tube SET with Omega Speakers.
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2015, 11:16 pm »
Hi trackball02,

My reference amp is the Decware Super Zen Select which has the same power as a 45.  Every Omega I've tried with this amp has been a sublime match.
I see no reason you shouldn't get similar results with your 45.

trackball02

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2015, 11:42 pm »
Thanks Canada Rob. I did a search and found your comments with the 93 db Super Alnico:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=130207.0

Nice to know that they can play well with just 2 precious watts.

Sounds like you really liked the Super Alnico. Do they still remain your personal favorite?

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2015, 12:11 am »
Yes, they are my personal favorite.