Your Pick for Lowest-WAF Speaker You've Ever Seen- Pics please

Peter J

• Hmmmm
This thread shows what happens when guys have too much time and materials on their hands.  And too much imagination without the restraints of logic, responsibility, and science.

Really? Too much imagination?  While I'll admit some of this is fugly, I'm ever appreciative of people who paint outside the lines. If we all hung tight to, and lived within, the parameters you call out, it would be a dull world. I'd even go as far as to say that pushing at the fringes of accepted practice helps advance much in the world of science.

On another note, while the headless "woofers" are a little disturbing, I gravitate toward the novelty and (what I imagine as) whimsy that created them. I could argue that they eliminate some of the responsibilities of pet ownership, but I'll digress.

morganc

Really? Too much imagination?  While I'll admit some of this is fugly, I'm ever appreciative of people who paint outside the lines. If we all hung tight to, and lived within, the parameters you call out, it would be a dull world. I'd even go as far as to say that pushing at the fringes of accepted practice helps advance much in the world of science.

On another note, while the headless "woofers" are a little disturbing, I gravitate toward the novelty and (what I imagine as) whimsy that created them. I could argue that they eliminate some of the responsibilities of pet ownership, but I'll digress.

Well Said

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
"Really? Too much imagination?  While I'll admit some of this is fugly, I'm ever appreciative of people who paint outside the lines. If we all hung tight to, and lived within, the parameters you call out, it would be a dull world. I'd even go as far as to say that pushing at the fringes of accepted practice helps advance much in the world of science."

+1

MttBsh

I thought the idea here was to have some fun, some laughs, and these speakers are indeed outrageous. Is there some reason the thread now needs to turn into a serious discussion?  :scratch:

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum

Peter J

• Hmmmm
I suspect this would be a good candidate for non-WAF.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Sundae Best

morganc

Where can I order that next to last one of the mannequin?  My bedroom needs that!  Ha

jriggy

:lol: :lol: :lol: Winner! Thread over (j/k) 

Digi-G

Is there a "sweet spot" for those ?   :lol:

sunnydaze

Yeah, the G spot.

dB Cooper

The choice of cables might be important

dB Cooper

Yeah, the G spot.
Because nobody can find it?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room

As a retired engineer would just like to see more effort put into serious, practical designs. 

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
As a retired engineer would just like to see more effort put into serious, practical designs.

That would be for another thread.  Context dear sir, context.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Don't know the maker - got this on a pinterest email

morganc

That last one looks like one of the old transformer toys!

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated

Archguy

If you're not the lead horse, the view never changes.
But the sound, muchacho.  The sound she is so sweet.

dB Cooper

Re: Your Pick for Lowest-WAF Speaker You've Ever Seen- Pics please
« Reply #79 on: 10 Dec 2020, 01:05 am »
About time for some open-baffle designs, Thanks