Response Audio is NOT going out of business - our future plans

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
I have received a few inquiries asking if we were going out of business due to the selling of so many pieces in our big clearance sale:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=62191.msg560727;topicseen#new
While I can understand this due to warranty and service concerns, I can assure you Response Audio / Bella Extreme is NOT going out of business. Just the opposite in fact.

While we do realize things are tough with our current economy, the selling of many of these products are to make room and raise further capital for our new ventures. Think of it as a 'transition' sale. There are some products we are selling by request from the distributor.

I also want to let everyone know that we are continuing with our modification services. In fact, we have two pair of ASL Hurricanes coming in for Extreme mods, two Ming-Da preamps and several Jolida tube amps coming in for various modifications as well. It is business as usual at Response Audio.

So please don't think we are going anywhere. We are continuing to invest in our new Purity, Musicale and Perfetto products as well as still working on the Bella Extreme 3205 MK III and Bella phono stage ....and even a few other products :wink:.

I want to thank all of you for the continued support from our Audio Circle customers/friends and we hope to be around for a long while to continue to offer you great custom products.

Your questions and comments are welcome.

« Last Edit: 5 Dec 2008, 09:41 pm by Response Audio »

Kevin Haskins

I'm glad you are sticking around Bill.    :thumb:

I've had people react the same way.   By revenue, I've had the best year ever but people are so worked up over the financial news that people assume the worst.   

I think the media created much of this overreaction.  Sure... the credit markets where a mess but it didn't spill over into consumer confidence until the media blasted it into everyone's skulls.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Good to hear Bill, 

I am tempted my your perfetto pre amp but I would need more inputs.  Anyway, let me know when things slow down enough for you to work on my amps.  I want a check up and a new paint on the transformer covers.  I could also use a pair of grills on the Bella/AV1 speakers as well.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Good to hear Bill, 

I am tempted my your perfetto pre amp but I would need more inputs.  Anyway, let me know when things slow down enough for you to work on my amps.  I want a check up and a new paint on the transformer covers.  I could also use a pair of grills on the Bella/AV1 speakers as well

Hi woodsyi,

Regarding the Perfetto, I can install additional inputs for a total of 6 line level inputs. If interested contact me and we can talk about a price.

Let me get through the holidays and we'll talk about the Canes. I do have your pair of grills sitting here for you.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
I'm glad you are sticking around Bill.   
I've had people react the same way.   By revenue, I've had the best year ever but people are so worked up over the financial news that people assume the worst. 

Very glad to hear of your good year Kevin :thumb:

I think the media created much of this overreaction.  Sure... the credit markets where a mess but it didn't spill over into consumer confidence until the media blasted it into everyone's skulls.

Obviously things are not great but I agree 100% that the media has fueled much of the panic.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Glad you are still going strong Bill.

I have always enjoyed our interactions and wish you the best of luck as you make this transition.

George

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
Very glad to hear things are going well for you Bill!  You deserve it. You always have offered very nice gear, at an attractive price, packaged with top notch customer service  :thumb:

As far as blaming the media for causing an overreaction, I would say the government itself is probably where we should be looking. They used fear to intimidate public to support the bailout. Bush addressed the nation, (even the daily show spoofed on how similar it was to the address he gave about going to war with Iraq!) after they voted down the bailout, and  essentially threatened the whole country with collapse if they didn't bailout the banks....
remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z492zuYuXf8&NR=1
It may be worth another listen.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Trader and Zybar, I too have always enjoyed our communications.

As far as blaming the media for causing an overreaction, I would say the government itself is probably where we should be looking.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with this 100% but was simply stating that the media is not making anything any better. I know that when I go about my business and stay away from the news for a day, I actually feel a bit more uplifted. I know the problems are still there but do we really need to have it pounded into our heads hour by hour. It's quite depressing. :(

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
 To elaborate on the our continued modification services, the reason for having larger orders coming in at the moment (before January 1st) is due to the slight increase some of these will see the beginning of the year. The EXtreme Hurricane and Monsoon upgrades will see a 5% increase while some others will see between 2%-5% depending on the level of components used.

Unfortunately, we can no longer maintain our current pricing as I have been informed by suppliers that our cost on [most] components will be going up.

For any services ordered and down payment applied before January 1st, current pricing will apply