Audition List for Neo Kits?

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
Re: Audition List for Neo Kits?
« Reply #40 on: 24 Sep 2008, 02:42 pm »
Danny,

Great news on finally letting the cat out of the bag!

Have you named these yet?  You have already used OB-5 and OB-7 to name two of your speakers, so would OB9+6 be the logical next name.  LOL

Seriously, as you get more vertical in your assessments and measurements would you please share what the preferred minimum room size should be and the amount of air you would recommend behind and to the sides.  Also, with the myriad of room environments out there and the need to be sensitive to WAF issues as it pertains to implementing room treatments*, will there be any user friendly adjustments available for the bottom and top frequencies, such as switches, plug-n’-play resistor/cap changes, or DEQ units? 

Lou

*Footnote – I always chuckle when I type/read comments like this because if one can convince their significant other to have a speaker of this size in a room, why can’t they convince them on the importance of room treatments?  LOL

BradJudy

« Reply #41 on: 24 Sep 2008, 03:27 pm »
Danny, I'm querying the Atlanta folks about the possibility of getting the Neo-2X down here and having a group get together to check them out.  I'll let you know how that goes.  I don't think the timing is a big deal, so if we miss the current opening, that's okay. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #42 on: 24 Sep 2008, 03:54 pm »
Hey Brad,

It seems like someone told me that you had moved out of the Denver area. Does this mean I won't see you at RMAF?

And I'd love to send some of these down there to you guys.

BradJudy

« Reply #43 on: 24 Sep 2008, 04:01 pm »
Hey Brad,

It seems like someone told me that you had moved out of the Denver area. Does this mean I won't see you at RMAF?

And I'd love to send some of these down there to you guys.

Danny,

That's right, this marks the first time I won't be at the RMAF.  I'll miss out on your new open baffle line array.  However, this year was the first year I was able to make the North Alabama GTG and I cranked some Hoffman-mastered Metallica on the LS-6's for you.  :)

Danny Richie

« Reply #44 on: 24 Sep 2008, 04:07 pm »
I'll miss you Brad. I'll crank up Demon Speeding by White Zombie in your honor.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #45 on: 24 Sep 2008, 04:31 pm »
Have you named these yet?

Lou, I tell you Danny's GOT to name them the OBLA-D, OBLA-Dah's.  There is no other fitting name.  The Beatles would be proud. :thumb:

No kits?  :cry:  Do I detect AV123?

Danny Richie

« Reply #46 on: 24 Sep 2008, 04:43 pm »
Do I detect AV123?

Not sold through AV123.

TomS

« Reply #47 on: 24 Sep 2008, 05:14 pm »
Do I detect AV123?

Not sold through AV123.
Good plan whatever it is.  I still don't have any LS9's  :(

saisunil

« Reply #48 on: 24 Sep 2008, 05:23 pm »
Hi Danny,

We would love to listen to them at one of our monthly NY Audio Society Meetings.

Cheers
Sunil.

cujobob

« Reply #49 on: 24 Sep 2008, 05:34 pm »
These new speakers sound cool, but probably out of my league price-wise...

Hopefully I can hear them at a GTG of some sort.

Danny Richie

« Reply #50 on: 24 Sep 2008, 06:01 pm »
We would love to listen to them at one of our monthly NY Audio Society Meetings.

Cheers
Sunil.

We'll get something arranged.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #51 on: 24 Sep 2008, 10:54 pm »
Danny,

Hugh here.

I am in the L.A. area and would love to audition these.

I am sure we can get a few local AC members.

Let me know.

Thanks,

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
« Reply #52 on: 25 Sep 2008, 02:03 am »
Hank,
I like the name you used. lmao

Hey,this my 1st Blackberry post (RPITA).

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
« Reply #53 on: 25 Sep 2008, 02:16 am »
Sunil,

The next time I
Travel east I will be transporting my pair.  I was planning on having them there this weekend at Topround's RAVE but stuff happens.  I plan on being there again in 2008...maybe Phil's place.

Lou

Danny Richie

« Reply #54 on: 7 Oct 2008, 01:48 am »
Okay, I did speak too soon after all.

Cabinets for the big open baffle line sources were ready, and then not ready, then ready... but a long way from here and time was running out. I could have made arrangements to get them here but it would have just left me with a couple of days to measure, test, design networks, build out networks, and fully assemble the speakers. It was possible but left no time for any unforeseen issues. It would also mean that they would not be burned in and in top form. That is not how I want to go to a show.

Plus, as big of an attention getter as that would have been, this new company was not ready to be producing these on a production level yet. It could be 6 months out from product delivery time. So while it would have been a lot of fun and a serious show stopper, rushing it in was not the most wise decision.

So two steps back and what else can we do in that big room?

Well AV123 is also a partner in that big room, and this year they will finally have everything in place to really start kicking out the LS-9's. So I think the most prudent idea is to show something that is about to be in production in a big way.

Plus, a new pair of Rosewood finished LS-9's will be a real blast in that big room.

So I thing I'll bring the big blue, custom Dodd Audio mono-blocks up so we can have big power on them and really have a lot of fun.

I will have something smaller and open baffle in my usual room at the Marriott though and I might have a little surprise too. So come by and see. 

TomS

« Reply #55 on: 7 Oct 2008, 02:01 am »
How about just the OB servo subs with the monitors?

Danny Richie

« Reply #56 on: 7 Oct 2008, 02:06 am »
Let's just say that there is a really good chance you see a Servo sub in the little room at the Marriott. OB? Could be.

TomS

« Reply #57 on: 7 Oct 2008, 02:09 am »
Let's just say that there is a really good chance you see a Servo sub in the little room at the Marriott. OB? Could be.
In multiples of 3 maybe?

Danny Richie

« Reply #58 on: 7 Oct 2008, 02:32 am »
No more than two at a time.  :D

Nick77

« Reply #59 on: 7 Oct 2008, 06:17 pm »
Danny sorry to hear you are haveing to resort to plan B, but it sounds like a killer back-up.
Hope you have a great show. Wish I was going. :green: