Bel Canto C5i

sugbob21

Bel Canto C5i
« on: 18 May 2016, 01:54 pm »
would this be a good match with Super Alnico monitors ? Exploring an all in one chassis. DAC and phono preamp integrated.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Re: Bel Canto C5i
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2016, 02:35 pm »
I personally think it would work, as it is a Class D.  My experience with class D and Omega has been very positive, and Bel Canto has a good name.  Actually wouldn't mind having one myself.

Bigtom

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2016, 06:34 pm »
I heard some Bel Canto separates several year back and they sounded very good, if there would have been a retailer near me I would have dropped by to check them out for sure

boisty

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2016, 06:59 pm »
I once ran a Bel canto Ref 150 amp with some Super 8 Alnico XRS towers.  It was a few years back now but I remember it being a very nice pairing.  I would think the C5i with some Omega monitors would be a wonderful, simple system.

Boisty

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2016, 01:17 am »
Hi sugbob21,

Thanks and great posts. I think that it would be good too. Full featured integrated has a lot of advantages.

Thanks again,
Louis

md92468

« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2016, 06:11 am »
FWIW, I actually preferred the W4S mINT to the Bel Canto...a bit less cold and analytical, but still ballsy. A little more grip on the low end, too. No phono, but for the difference in price between the two I added a Lounge outboard unit that bests the internal Bel Canto phono by pretty wide margin. At about 8" wide the Lounge and W4S pair well aesthetically as well – right down to the blue power indicators ;)

Can't go wrong with either, though. 

sugbob21

« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2016, 11:16 am »
thanks for that mINT as an option. I am using an IFI phono  pre right now which has a small imprint. I was just exploring an all in one box. I have sooo many wires, power cables , etc.  :( Just getting lots of grief that its an eyesore.

md92468

« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2016, 01:11 pm »
I have sooo many wires, power cables , etc.  :( Just getting lots of grief that its an eyesore.
I hear you...I used to have separate pieces for everything...pared it down as far as possible without sacrificing my vinyl and haven't looked back.