Pioneer Elite DV-45A Mod

Digi-G

Pioneer Elite DV-45A Mod
« on: 10 Jun 2004, 03:49 pm »
I've got a Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD player that I'm considering having mod'd (the 2-ch and multi-ch basic mods).   :mrgreen:   Upon doing a search about the Bybee filters, I've read some mixed reviews.  :?  The naysayers claim that it robs the "air" from the music.  Just wondering what the impressions are from those who have this mod.

Can you let me know if you have one or both of the Bybee mods:
     AC Bybee Mod: $170
     Analog Slipstream Bybee Mod: $190

Which outputs do they affect (analog AND digital music? just analog music? Video?)?  

Thanks in advance for your responses.   :)

Digi-G

Someone.... Anyone....
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2004, 02:28 pm »
Can anyone help me out?    :wink:  Just looking for general impressions of the Bybee filters on ANY unit, not just the Pioneer.  Would you recommend them to others?

I realize it may be hard to comment on just the Bybee filters if you have gotten several mods and you're listening to the culminated effect of the mods.  Your overall imressions are welcome too.

Thanks again,

modwright

Bybee filters
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2004, 05:03 pm »
I will allow our customers to give their feedback.

I personally do not find them to Rob air from the music.

Based on customer feedback, there is a small % of people who have NOT preferred the original Bybee filters (not Slipstream Bybee filters) in analog signal path applications.  Everyone has preferred their effects in digital and power applications however.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing our customers' feedback.

Thanks,

Dan