My HT1s in Sapele Pomelle

mpaulsen

My HT1s in Sapele Pomelle
« on: 27 Sep 2008, 03:15 am »
My wait is finally over as I received my HT1's from Jim(definitely worth the wait. like Christmas when you're a kid).
Sound wise the HT1s have the best mid range I have ever heard. It took me a couple of days to get out of the listening chair and take pictures :lol:, but here they are.

The veneer is Sapele Pomelle with a Leapordwood trim. Jim's choice of the Leapordwood trim really adds a nice accent to the front.

Here is my best picture with the grills on. The grills are very hard to photograph as they like to do funny things when the flash goes off :P.

No one ever takes pictures of the back of their Salk's so I've included one to show you that the back is just a beautiful as the front.

Thank you for the beautiful work Jim.

-Mitchell

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
Re: My HT1s in Sapele Pomelle
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2008, 03:21 am »
Beautiful, and they look much nicer with the grills removed.  Nice collection of board games, too.

huey driver

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2008, 04:37 am »
Oh dude, Im jealous they look fantastic!!!!  Great work Jim.

Toka

« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2008, 05:16 am »
Gorgeous.  :o Enjoy them!

fsimms

« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2008, 01:35 pm »
I've had my HT1's for 5 years and yet I am jealous.   To have the 5 years of discovery and bliss ahead of me again would be exciting!

Bob

Nuance

« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2008, 03:08 pm »
 :o  Stunning!  Congratulations and happy listening!

What a finish!   :thumb:

mca

« Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2008, 03:21 pm »
What will you be pairing them up with?

mpaulsen

« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2008, 05:01 pm »
Thank you for the kind comments everyone. Jim has really done a great job with these!

What will you be pairing them up with?

They are paired up with a Bryston B100 Integrated Amp, and a Marantz SA-8001 SACD player. I also have a silent media PC that has an Onkyo SE-90 in it; however, right now I'm feeding its digital out to the B100's DAC.  The system is very neutral and everything sound so natural.

robinje

« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2008, 06:30 pm »
Those are remarkably beautiful!!!  Congrats on your new speakers...

mpaulsen

« Reply #9 on: 1 Oct 2008, 02:58 am »
fsimms - Bob,

I'm beginning to see what you mean about discovery. At this point I think I have every SACD I own out on my coffee table.

I recently adjusted the position of my speakers and found that they sound even better. I moved them about an inch or two inward and 6 inches toward the wall (they were originally 22" form the wall and are now 16").
I found it really improved the bass and the imaging was improved in the off-center listening seats.

-mitchell