Cables = Wow

Bones13

Cables = Wow
« on: 12 Sep 2022, 03:00 am »
Took a chance. I ordered the WyWires speaker cables for Daedalus. Reportedly similar to the internal Daedalus wiring.

I was using Duelund 12 gauge DIY wiring.

Wow, a lot of life showed up. My polite speakers turned rowdy. Wires are a bit stiff, and I did order one of those Audioquest terminal wrenches. But, quite a worthy upgrade.

I got spades on both end, as I’m hoping to upgrade my DIY amps to a Boulder 1161.

Surprised at the improvement already.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
Re: Cables = Wow
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2022, 03:21 am »
In the past when fiddling with speaker cables, they really come into their own about 50-100hrs and lose their initial bass bloat and high end edginess. Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade though.  :thumb:

rbbert

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2022, 01:01 pm »
In addition to WyWires speaker cables I use several power cords and interconnects (all from the "Platinum" series, as are the Daedalus speaker cables) to good effect.

advanced101

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2022, 09:20 pm »
I tried to beat the Wywires Daedalus Cables with a lot of competition.  In the end, they always sounded right.  I also like Wywires interconnects.

RPM123

« Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2022, 10:08 pm »
+! on the WyWires ICs! I also use one of Alex's power cords. Excellent sounding and more affordable now.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2022, 07:53 pm »
In addition to WyWires speaker cables I use several power cords and interconnects (all from the "Platinum" series, as are the Daedalus speaker cables) to good effect.

I have shown with WyWires for many years for good reason!

BTW The Daedalus speaker cables are not part of the Wywires Platinum series in any way. These are unique and a collaboration between Alex and I that is based on the Daedalus wire harness.

rbbert

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2022, 01:59 pm »
I have shown with WyWires for many years for good reason!

BTW The Daedalus speaker cables are not part of the Wywires Platinum series in any way. These are unique and a collaboration between Alex and I that is based on the Daedalus wire harness.

Thanks Lou!

easystreet

« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2023, 08:42 pm »
Just wanted to let folks know that I am selling a pair of 12 foot Daedalus/WyWires speaker cables with banana terminations. Please see my ad in the Trading Post (accessories). Thanks for your interest.

easystreet

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2023, 06:37 pm »
I wanted to let people know that I have reduced the price I am asking for a 12 foot pair of Daedalus/WyWires speaker cables from $950 to $800. If you pay my asking price, I will cover any PayPal fees and shipping in the continental U.S.