Evolution One review

alexreusch

Re: Evolution One review
« Reply #20 on: 12 Jul 2018, 06:18 pm »
My local dealer (well not really local, as I live in Switzerland and the dealer is located in Germany) has finally contacted me to schedule a listening session. A pair of monos has been shipped and should be available in a few days. So within the next 10 days I will get an idea of the superiority of the Evolution One. I am currently using the MCH-K38 in a multichannel setup and plan to upgrade my system with a pair of Evolution Ones for the two main front speakers.

Spenav

« Reply #21 on: 12 Jul 2018, 06:36 pm »
Rafa, I meant to say that the difference between the ST-10M and the ST-10 might be less dramatic than one might expect.  I see it more as a lateral upgrade albeit better but not substantial enough.  Keep in mind we are talking about three competent amplifiers here.  But then again I am speculating, having not heard the M or the One. I am old enough though to know that in the audio world terms like "night and day differences", "substantial differences" and "vastly better" are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Westerwälder

« Reply #22 on: 12 Jul 2018, 07:17 pm »
My local dealer (well not really local, as I live in Switzerland and the dealer is located in Germany) has finally contacted me to schedule a listening session. A pair of monos has been shipped and should be available in a few days. So within the next 10 days I will get an idea of the superiority of the Evolution One. I am currently using the MCH-K38 in a multichannel setup and plan to upgrade my system with a pair of Evolution Ones for the two main front speakers.

Hallo Alexreusch,
mein Nuprime Händler hat sein Studio auch in Deutschland. Und ich muß sagen: Ihr Schweizer habt aber auch saugute Highend Produkte.  :thumb:
Meine Schweizer Lautsprecher werden von Nuprime angetrieben. Und ich bin begeistert.
Gruß an den Nachbarn  :D

Excuse me. I'm also waiting for my first listening experience with the Evolution one. I hope it will come soon.

alexreusch

« Reply #23 on: 12 Jul 2018, 07:28 pm »
Hallo Alexreusch,
mein Nuprime Händler hat sein Studio auch in Deutschland. Und ich muß sagen: Ihr Schweizer habt aber auch saugute Highend Produkte.  :thumb:
Meine Schweizer Lautsprecher werden von Nuprime angetrieben. Und ich bin begeistert.
Gruß an den Nachbarn  :D

Ja dann sag ich mal Hallo Herr Nachbar! Welche Kombination (Nuprime und Lautsprecher) ist denn in Betrieb?

Genez

« Reply #24 on: 12 Jul 2018, 07:33 pm »
Thank God for Google Translate!     :o   :scratch:

Westerwälder

« Reply #25 on: 12 Jul 2018, 07:45 pm »
Thank God for Google Translate!     :o   :scratch:

But it works. And connects. I'm glad about that.  :|

Westerwälder

« Reply #26 on: 12 Jul 2018, 08:49 pm »
Ja dann sag ich mal Hallo Herr Nachbar! Welche Kombination (Nuprime und Lautsprecher) ist denn in Betrieb?

Send you a message. :wink:

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #27 on: 13 Jul 2018, 02:29 pm »
Rafa, I meant to say that the difference between the ST-10M and the ST-10 might be less dramatic than one might expect.  I see it more as a lateral upgrade albeit better but not substantial enough.  Keep in mind we are talking about three competent amplifiers here.  But then again I am speculating, having not heard the M or the One. I am old enough though to know that in the audio world terms like "night and day differences", "substantial differences" and "vastly better" are to be taken with a grain of salt.
I agree 100% with everything you have written!

Genez

« Reply #28 on: 13 Jul 2018, 04:14 pm »
But it works. And connects. I'm glad about that.  :|

So am I!    :thumb:

Westerwälder

« Reply #29 on: 28 Jul 2018, 04:21 pm »
Advantages of NuPrime Amplifier Technology
4. No phase shift. Many amps use output filters that create phase shift. When phase shifts, spatial information becomes inaccurate. Most amps present phase shifts of better than 45 degrees at 20 kHz, heading toward 90 degrees as frequency increases. NuPrime amps cancel these distortions owing to a unique closed-loop design producing zero phase shift across all frequencies. Repeat, zero.

In the description of the evolution one states:
High-speed computing simulations were carried out for the One Design, in order to achieve the highest input impedance and the lowest phase delay.

Is The lowest phase delay synonymous  zero phase shift?
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2018, 07:33 am by Westerwälder »

alexreusch

« Reply #30 on: 29 Jul 2018, 10:35 am »
Yesterday, I was finally able get my first impression during a listening session at my dealer in Germany (I come from Switzerland, but no dealer here :cry:)
What should I say? After 5 minutes, it was sold...  :D 8)
The Ref Evo One is already built into my system and it sounds simply great! It was nice to hear in direct comparison, that my existing MCH-K38 also sounds really nice and is already at a very high level. But the Ref Evo One is simply playing in a different category! As I do run a multichannel setup, I will keep the MCH-K38 and combine it with the Ref Evo One. The monos are used for the front left/right speakers, the multichannel amp just for center and surround speakers. I tested it and it really works very well. They seem to harmonize and play nicely together.

Now I ran out of space in my audio rack!  :lol:
I will need to extend it in the near future.
Next plans: Replace AV-PreAamp with Emotiva XMC-1 Gen3, plus new DAC (Mytek Brooklyn DAC+)

Spenav

« Reply #31 on: 29 Jul 2018, 09:08 pm »
Wow!,  Looking really good. Can you add another shelf to your existing rack?  Like you I am not a fan of stacking. A lot of guys on this site are going to envy you, not me. I just hate you (just kidding bro). Enjoy it as much as you can, life is too short.

alexreusch

« Reply #32 on: 31 Jul 2018, 03:23 pm »
Yep, no problem. I can extend the rack without any problems (which I have to do now). I stack the two monos, no problem with that (of course isolated by a special rubber puck). But the other components need their own shelf.

Spenav

« Reply #33 on: 31 Jul 2018, 03:46 pm »
Hi Alex

If it's not too much to ask, please let us know how long it took for the sound to settle down and mature to full bloom, because no matter how much you like it now, it will sound better after burn in which might take a couple of hundred hours.  Most of us are still contemplating an upgrade with envious eyes, wondering whether it is really worth the expense.  Thanks and good luck.

alexreusch

« Reply #34 on: 2 Aug 2018, 10:58 pm »
To make it easy: The Reference Evolution One plays in a different class right out of the box. And it might open up even more after the burn in phase. :icon_lol:

gammajo

« Reply #35 on: 22 Nov 2018, 02:18 am »
I have just ordered my pair of Evolution Ones due to arrive next week! I have owned in the past Nuforce Ref0V2se, Ref9V3se, and now Reference 20's which I will directly AB compare to the EVOs in my system.

Samac

« Reply #36 on: 23 Nov 2018, 01:50 am »
I have just ordered my pair of Evolution Ones due to arrive next week! I have owned in the past Nuforce Ref0V2se, Ref9V3se, and now Reference 20's which I will directly AB compare to the EVOs in my system.

That's great, gammajo. Looking forward to your impressions.

Cheers,

Scott

Rx8man

« Reply #37 on: 23 Nov 2018, 02:26 am »
Be interesting to hear further impressions, although my gut tells me to pull the trigger? 8)

Samac

« Reply #38 on: 15 Dec 2018, 11:11 pm »

Hey, gammajo, are the Evo. Ones in your system yet? Really looking forward to your impressions. Thanks

Cheers,

Scott

gammajo

« Reply #39 on: 16 Dec 2018, 03:19 pm »
Got them in my system and initial impressions ( 2 hours listening) highly positive but then I traveled for a week and came back to 20 inches snow here in the North Carolina mountains, just got phone and internet back, plowed out etc. Anxious to get another good listening session in (I do this when my wife is away for the day and I can crank it up). Will post detailed review in a few weeks.
Thanks for asking
Joe