Upgrading the Super V?

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Upgrading the Super V?
« on: 17 Aug 2018, 02:53 am »
I know there are a fair amount of us that have the Super V and are very happy with it. We don't have an official thread like the Super 7 but there are a lot more of us that have them.

Danny or anyone else with thoughts on this. Are there any options for a top end that could replace the coax driver in our Super Vs? As much as I enjoy my speakers I can't help but think there could be something else we could mount in the upper section that would be better. What about doing what you did on the Super 7 with less neo drivers. There isn't enough room for all of the drivers in the Super 7. But I know I could change the faceplate to fit different drivers if there were options.

What is a possibility if someone was willing to do some work to the top of the speaker?

Take Care,

Greg

Danny Richie

Re: Upgrading the Super V?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2018, 01:08 pm »
The parts quality can be upgraded. I popular upgrade near the end of their run was to use a Jupiter cap in the tweeter circuit.

But changing out the driver itself would result in a whole new design or new speaker.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
Re: Upgrading the Super V?
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2018, 06:18 pm »
Thanks Danny, not what I wanted to hear but now I can stop thinking about it. My speakers are taller than your  original design, not as tall as the Super 7 but somewhere in between. I can almost fit the Super 7 section into mine but I'm about 2" short in height.

I'm pretty sure I have the jupiter cap upgrade in mine already. I really am happy with the speakers the way they are but you know how this hobby is. I'm just trying to get all I can out of my system and I really don't want to buy another pair of speakers, not at this time anyway.

Thanks for the input Danny, much appreciated.

Greg