Dedicated audio power line

Arno P

• "...Obviously You're not a Golfer..."
Dedicated audio power line
« on: 5 Mar 2021, 07:13 am »
I already had a dedicated line to my set up but I thought it would be time for an upgrade project. 10 AWG shielded now and 6 Furutech outlets (via circuit breaker)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Dedicated audio power line
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2021, 07:29 am »
Solid  wire 10 awg aré very good  congratulations.

Arno P

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2021, 08:22 pm »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2021, 11:59 am »
Where do you live?  Do you live in an older place?  Why did you feel the need for an upgrade? 

Here in the U.S. standard house wiring is 14 gauge with 15 amp breakers, my 16 year old house is 12 gauge with 20 amp breakers being fed from our own transformer out in the country.  I have 3 audio dedicated circuits that share a common ground (separate from the rest of the house).  Did it as a "while you're at it" basis (only cost $100 extra for the cryo'd hospital grade 20 amp duplex receptacles). 

Arno P

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2021, 01:58 pm »
Where do you live?  Do you live in an older place?  Why did you feel the need for an upgrade? 

Netherlands
Yep 1930
Continuous improvement

;-)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2021, 02:44 pm »
  Good move with Fururech outlets. NCF ?? Using [ 4 ] dedicated 20 Amp lines from a sub panel. Dead quite, larger sound stage. focused bass and dynamic sound was the result.

charles

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2021, 06:09 pm »
.........................  I have 3 audio dedicated circuits that share a common ground (separate from the rest of the house)...............................
Do you mean a separate Safety Ground/Protective Earth path back to the breaker panel
or do you mean a separate Planet Earth grounding system?

Carlsbad

« Reply #7 on: 27 Feb 2022, 04:17 am »
I know this is kindof and old thread but I'll say I just installed a dedicated 10ga sold copper circuit (actually 2) to my audio location.  It was easy since I repurposed an already-there 220V line that previously fed a clothes dryer on the other side of the wall.

--Jerry

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2022, 03:10 pm »
Do you mean a separate Safety Ground/Protective Earth path back to the breaker panel
or do you mean a separate Planet Earth grounding system?

Sorry for not keeping up with the thread.  Not familiar with your terms, but the separate ground is a separate grounding rod that serves the three audio receptacles.  An audiophile electrician suggested it and our tough electrical inspector didn't batt an eye.