Say hey mama ... my Super 7 MK2s have arrived

rar1

Say hey mama ... my Super 7 MK2s have arrived
« on: 16 May 2015, 12:11 pm »

Just some quick photos and thoughts for now.  This is the 3rd pair of Louis' speakers that I have owned over the past 10 years (3i, 3T, and now, 7mk2).  These speakers go into our office/ 2nd bedroom/ TV room.  There will be some good equipment paired with these speakers ... Rega Brio amplifier, Rega Apollo CD player, and Audio Technica 1240 turntable.  I have a grand total of 5 hours so far on these babies.  The 7mk2s are quite the step up from the 3's ... they play louder, deeper, and fuller.   The two tone finish is killer.  More to come.   

guillaume bougard

Re: Say hey mama ... my Super 7 MK2s have arrived
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2015, 01:41 pm »
thanks for the pix and first impressions
could you upload photos without the cover so we can see the drivers and drool some more
thanks

beowulf

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2015, 09:44 pm »
Nice, beautiful work! 

Any chance of putting the Omega's on the first shelf so they are ear level and then move the TV and TT above them?  I bet it will improve your imaging dramatically!

rar1

« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2015, 09:44 pm »

Here is the picture.

Listening to Paul Simon's 'Live Rhymin' on vinyl as I write this.  For out of the box, these speakers sound great.  More to come.

Rich

rar1

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2015, 10:09 pm »
As for speaker placement ... believe it or not ... this set-up works out ok.  I do lose some of the audiophile niceties, mainly the disappear in the room act.  However, the speakers tend to sound pretty good even 6 feet up in the air.

I started placing speakers both inside and on top of bookcases some 28 years ago, because I had some of the most acrobatic of cats, who would go to town on my speakers.   There is an EPOS 11 in some landfill not speaking to me after Maddie pushed the EPOS off its stand.  And there is the EPI 100 which Sylvester gutted.  You get the idea.  Cats will be cats and speakers will be speakers.   

I have placed speakers on their sides, as well.  But having the speakers properly oriented vertically seems to sound a bit better. 

I don't always sit in front of the speakers.  My iMac is just to the right of the speaker, so I am often on the computer doing something or another.

Vinyl sounds good so far.  Using an AT 440MLA cartridge. 

What the speakers aren't up here?  Rest well in cat heaven, Jodie cat. 

Rich

beowulf

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2015, 08:23 am »
I see your reasoning now and it is sound (pun intended) :lol: