Anyone tried Wadia PowerDAC 151 with Omega?

craig in SD

Re: Anyone tried Wadia PowerDAC 151 with Omega?
« Reply #20 on: 6 Nov 2013, 03:10 am »
I should have perhaps also pointed out that the NAD D7050 is also simple to setup and use, cost is $1k, and does come with remote.  In these respects it is similar to the Wadia, but sonically it is significantly more refined--I dare say a different league.  I've never heard Red Wine gear, so couldn't compare to your reference.  It also has a forward looking feature set with Airplay, DLNA, and AptX  Bluetooth inputs.  My main gripe is that the remote feels average at best (the Wadia definitely had a more solid and ergonomic remote) and is way too directional.  The touch-panel power button feels a little gimmicky, too, but I mostly use the remote for power up/down anyway.

Good luck on your search--curious to know where you eventually land.

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #21 on: 6 Nov 2013, 02:03 pm »
Hi Craig, at this point I'm on the fence. Thanks for the input. Kent
« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2013, 02:41 am by Alwayswantmore »

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 7 Nov 2013, 07:05 pm »
Alwayswantmore,

Before you dump everything, regret, re-purchase, and lose, I would try the Glow Audio Amp One with the Glow Audio DAC at under a grand shipped for the pair.  Omega speakers are friendly to all amp types, but with a good (not necessarily pricey) single ended triode or single ended pentode, single tube per output amp, they take on a whole new character.  I presently use the Glow amp on my desktop with the Glow DAC and the new Omega Super 3i speakers.  It is not the most expensive desktop system I have had, but it is the best so far.  The DAC also is amazing considering it is only $128 by itself.

Yes, yes, I remember about the remote, but I just had to get in another shot.

We don't give up easily do we?  We hate to lose fellow listeners out of our ranks.  I wish you the best in whatever choice you make.

CR
« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2013, 03:21 am by Canada Rob »

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #23 on: 7 Nov 2013, 08:30 pm »
You've heard their $128 DAC and it is very good (considering the cost?).
« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2013, 02:42 am by Alwayswantmore »

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 8 Nov 2013, 03:32 am »
You've heard their $128 DAC and it is very good (considering the cost?).
At $1000 the Glow DAC would not be amazing, at $500 it would fit in quite nicely, at $128 it is amazing.  I compare it with other DACs I have heard in these various price ranges.