HT3 at RMAF

RAW

HT3 at RMAF
« on: 29 Sep 2005, 03:45 am »
We will have the HT3 at the RMAF in Denver for those wanting to have a listen.
As we are doing a room with Danny of GR and are really at the RMAF to display the RA8 we will have to show the HT3 off to those who want to hang around after 5pm. :cry:

As we are really at the show like I said to display the RA8 we can not take over the room for the HT3 during the show hours.

But I will be happy to stay a for a while after to let those you want to listen to them have a few minutes to enjoy them.

See you at RMAF

BradJudy

HT3 at RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2005, 03:53 am »
Al,

You could set up the HT3s in the bathroom.  :D   I'm not sure if I'll be able to stick around late for the HT3, but we'll see.  It would be nice to check them out.

RAW

HT3 at RMAF
« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2005, 03:55 am »
Ya you never know if we can twist his arm :nono:

Milehighguy

HT3 at RMAF
« Reply #3 on: 3 Oct 2005, 04:50 am »
I managed to hear a few tunes through the ht3's at the end of the day on Sunday. Just like everyone else, I was totally suprized at the amount of clean low end that comes out of that 6.5" extremis woofer! No sub necessary or even desireable with that speaker because you would just end up with too much low end. You really have to readjust your expectations with that woofer. I liked the imaging and nice smooth sound of the ht3. My preference was for the big dynamic sound of the RA-8, which I liked so much that I bought the show pair. Nevertheless, at 1/2 the price, and with it's small size and high spouse acceptance factor, the ht3 is most certainly an excellant value, and a very good sounding speaker.

And  the cabinet in birdseye maple was beautiful, and up to Al's usual high standards

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
HT3 at RMAF
« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2005, 05:27 am »
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hear the HT3 (sorry Al) as my schedule couldn't match up with Al's.

Al was able to discuss in detail how the speaker works and it "looks" like the real deal.

Maybe next time....

George

BradJudy

HT3 at RMAF
« Reply #5 on: 3 Oct 2005, 01:04 pm »
I was sitting behind Jack while the HT3s were playing on Sunday after the show ended.  While it wasn't a disc that I own (Vienna Tang was playing), they sounded quite good.  I was quite impressed given their size and price point.

RAW

HT3 at RMAF
« Reply #6 on: 4 Oct 2005, 04:50 pm »
It was nice to put some faces to names this past week.
As I had made note it was hard to get the HT3 in to the room as the room I was really doing with Danny and the RA8 so I had to wait till the time was right for people to get a listen.

We did not play with placement as Jack can make a comment on.
After wrapping up the pair of RA8 on Sunday we brought in the HT3 put them down and played them.Not setting placement nothing.Just a plug and play :mrgreen:

And have to watch the faces as the levels get lower and lower on tracks  :o

We are looking at a room ourself for next year.

Thanks to all those who stopped by to have a listen.

Milehighguy

HT3 at RMAF
« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct 2005, 08:15 pm »
Yes, I think Al spent about 2 minutes obsessing over speaker placement. They basically went right where the RA8's had been sitting moments earlier.
It's one thing to hear people talk about the bass response of these speakers and another to experience it for yourself. As I said, no subwoofer needed.
They threw a good soundstage with solid imaging, and were smooth. I think Gary Dodd remarked that they sounded "pretty" with the female vocals we were hearing. I liked them a lot.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go listen to my RA8's :mrgreen: