Anybody Owned Both X4 and M3's?

El Tio

Re: Anybody Owned Both X4 and M3's?
« Reply #20 on: 18 Jun 2022, 06:27 pm »
btw, i believe the latest M3 incarnation (i got mine mid april) is also using the beyma drivers  :P

That is interesting!  Can you post a picture of your drivers?

dvican

« Reply #21 on: 18 Jun 2022, 08:20 pm »
sure - lets see if i can figure out how (size and rotation controls would be nice)...

El Tio

« Reply #22 on: 18 Jun 2022, 08:35 pm »
sure - lets see if i can figure out how (size and rotation controls would be nice)...

Well that is definitely not the Eminence driver. I like the Ultralam baffle too!  I sure would like to have all the upgrades but when I sit down and listen to my older M3 Sapphires I am still impressed so I won't be updating anytime soon (notice how I did not rule it out).  Thanks for posting the pictures. 

RonN5

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jul 2022, 07:03 pm »
Thanks very much. Appreciate the comments. Spoke with Clayton yesterday and he feels that the drivers may be somewhat better integrated in the X4 vs the M3. Clayton also suggested the X4 may be the best speaker SA has built even if not the most expensive. I'm sitting here listening to clarinet/piano and I'll be damned if I can suss out any discontinuity between drivers although because I haven't heard the X4 it's possible that, in comparison, the X4 drivers do "sound" better integrated. Finally, Clayton noted the Beyma low frequency drivers are more "propulsive" than the eminence low frequency drivers used in the M3.  I can appreciate that critique and would prefer a bit more drive in the bass.  Still, the M3's do satisfy mightily.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the “advantages” of a more propulsive Beyma woofer?  Does that mean a 12” has more bass than an eminence 12”… or is something different about the way it sounds?