X5's in the House!!!

mudnsavy

X5's in the House!!!
« on: 31 Dec 2021, 11:27 pm »
Just wanted to do a little post up here to show you guys another set in my living room. HAHA. These will most likely be my end game speakers for some time. I went out of my norm and just did the mid-life crisis purchase for these bad boys. If you want to hear the musicians in the room with you, these are the speakers boys. I am finding new music everyday. They just make you enjoy the music and listen for hours.

At this time I am running:

Bluesound Node2i    - Streamer
Denafrips Ares II     - Dac
Schiit Audio Freya+ - Preamp
Jeff Rowland 125     - Amp
Interconnects         - BlueJean
Power Cables         - GR-Research B24 and B16
Speaker Cables      - GR-Research 16 Strand
I have a Decware Zen Torii Junior MK2 on order. It should be here around Feb. I can't wait.

During Listing I pull these out 4-5ft. Still working on the right positions and toe-in..

Comparing the Klipsch to the Spatial...

nigelnaim

Re: X5's in the House!!!
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jan 2022, 01:21 am »
Looks great. I was thinking of purchasing an Ares II. How much an improvement over the built-in DAC of the Node2i?

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2022, 01:23 am »
Just wanted to do a little post up here to show you guys another set in my living room. HAHA. These will most likely be my end game speakers for some time. I went out of my norm and just did the mid-life crisis purchase for these bad boys. If you want to hear the musicians in the room with you, these are the speakers boys. I am finding new music everyday. They just make you enjoy the music and listen for hours.

At this time I am running:

Bluesound Node2i    - Streamer
Denafrips Ares II     - Dac
Schiit Audio Freya+ - Preamp
Jeff Rowland 125     - Amp
Interconnects         - BlueJean
Power Cables         - GR-Research B24 and B16
Speaker Cables      - GR-Research 16 Strand
I have a Decware Zen Torii Junior MK2 on order. It should be here around Feb. I can't wait.

During Listing I pull these out 4-5ft. Still working on the right positions and toe-in..
Very nice setup and welcome to the Spatial Audio team!  I have the X5s in the black satin finish as well.  Enjoy!

mudnsavy

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jan 2022, 12:24 am »
Looks great. I was thinking of purchasing an Ares II. How much an improvement over the built-in DAC of the Node2i?

I wish I did more of an AB. But I didn’t man. So I am not sure how big of a difference there is. If you don’t want to make the jump for a different DAC you can just do the power supply upgrade on the Node and run it off a LPS. Just a thought.

Bingenito

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jan 2022, 01:09 am »
Short version- Yep a DAC will help!

Longer version-I have the Node 3 2021 model and running it vs my macbook pro usb to any DAC from a Topping DX3PRO+,  Venus II or Terminator II improved the sound vs  Node internal DAC. The laptop performed better in all cases with the same DACs and I toggled SPDIF (node) vs USB (mac).

Your mileage may vary as we all like different gear and that is cool. The macbook usb is more open and transparent to my ears.

I also tried the Node to Hermes to Terminator II vs Aurender N100h. The Aurender came out on top even without the DDC.

CD Transport is king… hate to say it as it sucks having swap discs like it is 1990 but grow a nice mullet and live a little :)