X5 + PrimaLuna EVO Series = ?

DBT AUDIO

Re: X5 + PrimaLuna EVO Series = ?
« Reply #40 on: 5 Jan 2022, 09:43 pm »
Cool thanks. I hope to run the PL 300 for a few years and then will see what's out there but have been drawn to the Luxmans recently.
Good idea, save your money and enjoy the PL EVO for awhile!  Luxman supply and demand is not good for the consumers right now, but great for sellers.

Mr. Big

« Reply #41 on: 6 Jan 2022, 04:13 pm »
With the Luxman 509X, you connect your speaker cables to the A & B terminals for 8ohms or you connect speaker cables to terminals A or B for 4ohms.  That’s what the Luxman user manual advises.  That may sound confusing, but the Luxman has two sets of (4) terminals; A & B to use with two pairs of speakers if one chooses.  That’s how they used the terminals to access 4ohm and 8ohm amplification.

The Luxman is not even burned in yet. You have a few months to go. It's magic.

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #42 on: 6 Jan 2022, 05:24 pm »
The Luxman is not even burned in yet. You have a few months to go. It's magic.
Patience is a virtue.  Instant gratification is something I have to tame as I know the Luxman requires some break-in time.

Mr. Big

« Reply #43 on: 6 Jan 2022, 07:10 pm »
Patience is a virtue.  Instant gratification is something I have to tame as I know the Luxman requires some break-in time.

All gear does, the bane of Audiophiles. My friend's speakers took about one year and he was told that upfront, Heard them after 3 months and I was OK, then when I went back home a year later, I was man this sounds good. Huge difference and that was one year later, only heard them twice, so it was not like my ears adjusted as some claim, not the drivers all 17 of them broke in, the woofers even more so than the others.

rockyboris

« Reply #44 on: 17 Jan 2022, 04:59 am »
I have the M4 Sapphires and a Prima Luna Evo 300 amp and a PL Dialogue preamp.
All I can tell you in my system it’s a good match. I read in your post you were having issues, I have been lucky, the M4’s are invisible they just fill the room with sound and other than rolling some tubes the PLs just perform.

Good luck

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #45 on: 19 Jan 2022, 05:16 am »
I have the M4 Sapphires and a Prima Luna Evo 300 amp and a PL Dialogue preamp.
All I can tell you in my system it’s a good match. I read in your post you were having issues, I have been lucky, the M4’s are invisible they just fill the room with sound and other than rolling some tubes the PLs just perform.

Good luck
I still like PrimaLuna, but I don’t like the volume control.  It always teetered between a bit too loud and a bit too low just about every time I attempted to reach a comfortable volume level.  It was literally between two taps on the volume that I experienced this.  It may have been totally different with another speaker or if my speakers where in a smaller room?  Either way, I simply decided to move on because it just seemed too forward with my X5s.
« Last Edit: 5 Feb 2022, 06:31 am by DBT AUDIO »