Tweeter control on X series

abomwell

Tweeter control on X series
« on: 13 Jun 2021, 05:30 pm »
I've read that some folks have inserted resistors in series with the tweeter to attenuate the tweeter level. I haven't received my X5's yet but have two questions regarding that:

1. Is there an easy way of inserting a resistor without the need to cut wires and solder it in? For example, a jumper between to screws that could be replaced with a given resistor.

2. What value resistor would be used to attenuate the tweeter by a -1dB?

Many thanks!
Al

geerock

Re: Tweeter control on X series
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2021, 09:04 pm »
I would check with Clayton on this.  You may be voiding the warranty on those nice new X5's.

abomwell

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2021, 09:13 pm »
Good point! I was hoping there would be a jumper that was designed to be removed for that purpose. I wouldn't want to do anything like resoldering or cutting wires.

Al

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2021, 11:59 pm »
Thinking about 'modding' brand new speakers before even receiving (let alone breaking in or even hearing) them really seems to me like getting way out in front of your skis. I'd at least break them in first.

TomS

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2021, 12:00 am »
Thinking about 'modding' brand new speakers before even receiving (let alone breaking in or even hearing) them really seems to me like getting way out in front of your skis. I'd at least break them in first.
"Like" button  :green:

abomwell

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2021, 01:10 am »
Ok, guys. I get your point :)

Al