Floorstanders Treatment

witchdoctor

Floorstanders Treatment
« on: 18 Mar 2003, 02:51 am »
This review is for a room that already has a roompack in place ( 4 corners,4 seams, and 2 echoes)

I placed 2 floorstanders in my room. One in each of two open doorways.
Of all the treatments I tried this one was the least dramatic. Probably beause the sound was so much better than before I was using the other items.
What was nice is they are easy to a/b. Take them out , put 'em back etc.

I would say this was like putting the star on top of a really great Christmas tree. It just emphasized what the other items were already doing. One characteristic I did notice was the bass was a little more pronounced. I simply broke out the rad shack sound level meter and recalibrated.
I will admit though that after hearing them in the system I would not want to take them out. They just seemed to help the speakers disappear
a little more, made sound just a little more airy and effortless.
I reccomend starting with the room pack if you are on a budget
and adding these as budget allows. For those of you who have budget , these are definetly worth the price , but remember , their effect may be more pronounced in a different  type of room.

WilliamL

We will get it perfect!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2003, 04:26 am »
Thanks Todd,

I am really happy that you are enjoying your system so much and that the room treatments have helped so much. Since I am back in NYC, I will certainly help you dial in things in your apartment, especially with regards to the floorstanders, etc.

Since every room is different--amount, placement, and material of such things as furniture, floors, walls, curtains, windows--some experimentation is always in order. I have a couple ideas on placement of the floorstanders in your room that should improve the sound even more dramatically. :!:

Gosh, I just gott get situated here in NYC...still unpacking!

Cheers,
Bill