Consultation Report

witchdoctor

Consultation Report
« on: 15 Feb 2003, 07:55 pm »
I had Bill arrive promptly for my consultation today. We had to reschedule it due to my work schedule and he was very flexible, thank goodness.
His initial reccomendations were tweaks we made to my equipment that were simple , free, and Bills trade secrets.
Right away we did an A/B test and I noticed an improvement in air in the highs and more bloom in the bass, sort of like an upgrade to better cables.Really impressive and I look forward to completing his reccomendations regarding  tweaking the rest of my equipment.
Next he started eyeing my room like a surgeon eyeing a patient.
He reccomended treatment for the corners, the area where the wall and the sealing meet in the middle of the room ,and where the walls meet at the corners of the room. He also reccomended two floorstanders to be placed in my doorways where I don't have a door.
He also reccomended some changes for the floor , for the windows and
for the walls which had nothing to do with products.
Afterwards we went to lunch and had a great conversation about the audio business.
I will be implementing his reccomendations and will post a review when I am finished.
Thanks.
Doc
PS- Bill could have made his reccomendations using pictures and a phone consultation. I am glad I had the opportunity to meet him , but I wouldn't hesitate to follow his instructions without a home visit.
TC

WilliamL

Consultation Report
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2003, 05:38 pm »
All,

I am headed back to Nashville tomorrow provided I can dig my way out of this snow!

Todd,
Great to meet you. Looking forward to working with you, getting your room to achieve an even greater level of listenability in the next few weeks. (Its a difficult room with plaster walls, old electric fixtures, wall molding, open doorways, etc.. a good case study for our other NYC/Urban dwelling clients.  :)

Cheers,
Bill