Where are the New England Audiophiles

Doublej

Re: Where are the New England Audiophiles
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jan 2020, 12:45 am »
There's a third called Sounds of Silence. Steve Klein is the owner.

Does Amherst Audio in Amherst, MA has a showroom these days?

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jan 2020, 02:03 am »
Just got my Spatial M3’s. I’m in Westport Ma. If anyone is up for a listening session in the new year.  :D

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #22 on: 8 Jan 2020, 11:11 pm »
Let's see.  Upper Valley, New Hampshire.  I'd be tempted to drive up to Montreal for a look see.  Probably closer than Boston or New York.  They have a terrific Jazz Festival according to John at Audio Video Therapy.  There's probably some good audio stores there though.  But that festival is at a different time of the year.  You might do better to look for a snow mobile, snow shoes, or cross country skis with winter here now or sit by the fire in your easy chair with some catalogs for seeds and audio gear... Just being flip, not meaning anything bad or cheaping out on your request Deans.  Are you looking for anything specific?

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

johnto

« Reply #23 on: 9 Jan 2020, 08:19 pm »
Welcome back. Second on Fidelis and Audio Video in Nashua both have great people and equipment.

Mike-48

« Reply #24 on: 10 Jan 2020, 07:17 am »
This Rhode Islander is now living in Oregon, that's where!

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #25 on: 18 Jan 2020, 10:55 pm »
Pubbrewer,

Did you find the audio gear that you were looking for?

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #26 on: 18 Jan 2020, 10:59 pm »
Audiosaurusrex,

That's a nice offer to host a listening session.  I bet those Spatial M3's sound pretty nice.  What are you driving them with?

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #27 on: 19 Jan 2020, 12:31 am »
Audiosaurusrex,

That's a nice offer to host a listening session.  I bet those Spatial M3's sound pretty nice.  What are you driving them with?

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer
Absolutely Blu,
I have had so many great encounters through this hobby(obsession)  :o
As a younger man my buddies and I used to have “album wars”.
We used to make the rounds going to each other’s houses and spin records or cds later on. The concept basically was to create a cool mix tape or find songs that worked together or just plain sounded cool.
Of course lots of partying and good times were had. Today I just love hangin and listening but certainly like to share the experience. So the M3’s sound amazing, still breaking them in but they are so detailed and revealing. I initially was driving them with my Krell Digital Vanguard but have since changed out to a SPL Performer and Director combo, swapping out Fuses for SR Orange and PCs. Sources are Pioneer Modwright LX500, and Acoustic Signature XL. Still tweaking and finding the right Speaker Cables but I’ll probably go with Anticables. Anyway, if anyone in SE Mass or RI want to get together and have some album/cd “wars” I’m game.