Any experience with the iFi DC iPurifier?

greenkiwi

Any experience with the iFi DC iPurifier?
« on: 23 Feb 2016, 09:28 am »
http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-dcipurifier/

It seems like quite an interesting proposition.  One that could alleviate the need for LPSs in a number of situations, at some fraction of the cost.  (They look to be about $100)

rodge827

Re: Any experience with the iFi DC iPurifier?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2016, 12:39 pm »
I don't have any experience with the DC iPurifier, but iFi products have a great reputation. I say this having owned and still using some of their products.
Thank you for posting this I may purchase a couple in the near future.

Syrah

« Reply #2 on: 6 Dec 2020, 11:28 pm »
I just bought one of these.

One of the things I've always used to see if there are any AC issues is my trusty AudioPrism Noise Sniffer.  I think it's basically like the worst amplifier imaginable that, instead of trying to filter AC noise, is just plays it.

Most AC filter or other devices I've used (line filters, iso trannies, PS Audio) show a very noticeable reduction in noise coming out of the Noise Sniffer.

The iFi dramatically increased noise coming out of the Noise Sniffer.

Any thoughts as to why?

SpatialKing

« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2021, 02:39 am »
I am late to this discussion but this is a very interesting post.  Can  you post photos of the insides of the iFI unit?   

Scott_W

« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2021, 04:45 pm »
I own their other product, the AC purifier. Bought a month ago. I try in my Pangea Octet and the adjacent duplex. Can't tell a diff but maybe it's that subtle (or I have good power).
https://ifi-audio.com/products/ac-ipurifier/