Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #423 on: 12 Oct 2010, 01:57 am »
They look Bi-wired on the second or third pic  :thumb:

Robert

DEV

« Reply #424 on: 12 Oct 2010, 11:44 am »
Hi Robert,
yes they are bi-wired. I use two separate runs of Stealth Audio "Dream speaker cables."

Robert D

« Reply #425 on: 12 Oct 2010, 12:32 pm »
DEV My Paradigm speakers are Bi wired as well  :thumb:
I’m driving them with a Pair of 4Bsst2’s ....speaker cable is Audioquest  Type 8
See Below

Robert

V

« Reply #426 on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:00 pm »
Videofood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-hT018rpBs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNTdWbVBgc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ficwZQYmRLE&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSzntK4LG3M

Quote:
"[on Bryston's 20 year warrany] By my knowledge, no other companies besides Bryston offers this, and this implies that Bryston is completely certain on themselves and the everlasting quality of their products", Trond Sæther, PhD, Professor of Audio Technology at NTNU (NTNU = Norwegian University of Science and Technology).

Compare the interior of Bryston products with competitors.
This is Mark Levinson No.532H (a 300W amplifier at approx.  $10,000):

This is Edge G6 (a 135W amplifier at approx.  $7,500. By the way, some Edge amps have less power than the specifications tell. Confer Stereophile):

And here is Bryston 4B SST2 (a 300W amplifier at approx. $4,400):

V

« Reply #427 on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:14 pm »
Cambridge Audio gives great value for money.
Here is the pre-amp named 840 E:

V

« Reply #428 on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:20 pm »
Miniature pinscher in stereo (two identical channels). This costs approx. $1,000/each and will give you years of happiness.

V

« Reply #429 on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:43 pm »
Here you find LOTS of interior pictures of hi-fi:
http://www.hifisentralen.no/forum/index.php/topic,25683.0.html

just press "neste" in the lower right corner to go to the next page.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #430 on: 12 Oct 2010, 11:16 pm »
Hi Robert,

To answer your two questions, no I haven't personally  :D  and I'm going on year three owning these speakers from new.  :thumb:

Hi Vegasdave,

a few pennies I saved up here and there over the years but money aside if you can aford to do it than why not. My belief is "I work hard so I play hard!"  :thumb:

Ok, cool. I agree, but I can't afford what you have. No way in Hell. I like that belief!

Robert D

« Reply #431 on: 13 Oct 2010, 12:57 am »
Ok, cool. I agree, but I can't afford what you have. No way in Hell. I like that belief!

vegasdave

Any Questions just ask

Robert

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #432 on: 13 Oct 2010, 10:08 am »
V,

i believe Densen Audio gives a 20 year guarantee?

al.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #433 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:15 am »
vegasdave

Any Questions just ask

Robert

Ok, thanks.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #434 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:35 am »
V,

i believe Densen Audio gives a 20 year guarantee?

al.

I'm pretty sure they have a lifetime warranty.  Non-transferrable, for obvious reasons.  I've heard Densen gear, and it sounds fantastic.  It's very scarce here in the States (I'm assuming in the Western Hemisphere).  A local dealer is/was the US distributor.  He basically picked up the line because he's about 30 miles outside of NYC and some customers were asking about it.  Not sure if he still has it or not.

VOLKS

« Reply #435 on: 15 Oct 2010, 04:38 am »
There are a few products that Canada's own Sim Audio make that have a 30 Year Warranty as well......http://blog.stereophile.com/ces2010/simaudio_750d_daccd_transport/

Stu Pitt

« Reply #436 on: 15 Oct 2010, 05:22 am »
I'm pretty sure Simaudio's standard warranty is 10 years.  I think the 30 years is just for that piece.

DEV

« Reply #437 on: 15 Oct 2010, 11:48 am »
I did allot of research prior to getting this, love the colour and it's wonderfully build quality. This pic doesn't really show it but the ramps are very low allowing for low profile cars too drive onto without the front noise bottoming out.  My new BenPack lift for my garage, the ramps lift so I can park another vehicle underneith. Now you are likel wondering what's going to go ontop.

DEV

« Reply #438 on: 15 Oct 2010, 12:12 pm »
Well I ordered this baby back in June of this year and was suppose to get it in August but that time came and went. They only allocate so many of these to North America a year and it being a AMG well the engine is handbuilt by one person so when it's ready it's ready. Reminds me of allot of my audio gear. I drove allot of cars prior to deciding on this one because included in my want list it had to offer a hardtop convertable, be a realitively small two seater. That eliminated allot out there, it came down to the Ferrari California, SL 55 AMG (already owned one of these in the past which is the bigger brother, too big and heavier, not as agile feeling and fun to drive for me anyways) Tried the Porsche C4S and Turbo even though they were soft tops and they just weren't doin it for me. It came down to the MB & FC, the FC costing substantially more my exspectations were that much higher. In the end I just want something to be able to boot arround and have fun on sunny days etc. I decided after driving both for some time that after driving the MB it always put a smile on my face so I ordered one.

2010 SLK 55 AMG
Irdium Silver
18" 5-Twin Spoke Alloy Wheels
AMG Nappa Black/Gullwing Red interior seats
Aluminum trim

It just came in yesterday so I was excited and went by and had a look see, took some pics, started her up and then had them put her inside where it's safe until I pick her up next week.

V

« Reply #439 on: 15 Oct 2010, 10:56 pm »
I'm pretty sure they have a lifetime warranty.  Non-transferrable, for obvious reasons.  I've heard Densen gear, and it sounds fantastic.  It's very scarce here in the States (I'm assuming in the Western Hemisphere).  A local dealer is/was the US distributor.  He basically picked up the line because he's about 30 miles outside of NYC and some customers were asking about it.  Not sure if he still has it or not.
I just read on Densen's homepage now that they have a non-transferrable lifetime warrany. Respect to Densen for their warranty.