Picture Food Needed

1oldguy

Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #220 on: 24 Jul 2010, 12:07 pm »
You're more compassionate than I am.  No velvet glove or iron fist needed IMO.  Ever see Resevoir Dogs?   Madson's punishment of the cop would be more my style.

Hi Stu....It's Ok,I've been called worse. :thumb: :green: :eyebrows:

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #221 on: 25 Jul 2010, 06:30 pm »
You guys are making me miss my old buddy.  He was a red Dobermann. 

You never forget your best friends.

We lost a most cherished member of our family, Apollo, a little over 8 years ago because of cancer - he was almost 13 years old. I remember vividly to this very day when the veterinarian walked into the examination room with the x-rays and said that he could not do anything for him and that it was time for me to make a decision. I looked over at Apollo and I knew that he was hurting. I asked the veterinarian if he could come over to our home and euthanize him there. Apollo did not like the vets office when he got older so I thought that he would be much more relaxed in his own home.

At home, we said our “good-byes” and told him that he did a wonderful job protecting “his” home. As the veterinarian gave him the injection, I looked into Apollo's brown eyes and told him “I love you,” and a few seconds later he was gone.

I still dearly miss him to this very day, I remember the happy times and shed a tear now and then. Relish everyday of their love and companionship for they are truly candles in the wind. I have never subscribed to the philosophy of “time heals all.” I believe this to be a fallacy that individuals will tell you in an attempt to make you or them feel better after a loss. Personally, I believe you die a little inside, learn to live with it and carry on.   

VOLKS

« Reply #222 on: 25 Jul 2010, 06:44 pm »

We lost a most cherished member of our family, Apollo, a little over 8 years ago because of cancer - he was almost 13 years old. I remember vividly to this very day when the veterinarian walked into the examination room with the x-rays and said that he could not do anything for him and that it was time for me to make a decision. I looked over at Apollo and I knew that he was hurting. I asked the veterinarian if he could come over to our home and euthanize him there. Apollo did not like the vets office when he got older so I thought that he would be much more relaxed in his own home.

At home, we said our “good-byes” and told him that he did a wonderful job protecting “his” home. As the veterinarian gave him the injection, I looked into Apollo's brown eyes and told him “I love you,” and a few seconds later he was gone.

I still dearly miss him to this very day, I remember the happy times and shed a tear now and then. Relish everyday of their love and companionship for they are truly candles in the wind. I have never subscribed to the philosophy of “time heals all.” I believe this to be a fallacy that individuals will tell you in an attempt to make you or them feel better after a loss. Personally, I believe you die a little inside, learn to live with it and carry on.

Beautiful story............wow you were really into Bose...........i remember those 701's.

Laundrew

« Reply #223 on: 25 Jul 2010, 07:14 pm »
Beautiful story............wow you were really into Bose...........i remember those 701's.

Thanks VOLKS  :thumb:

Right you are VOLKS. When I was living in Goosebay, the local audio store only carried Bose and Sony (?) speakers.

The 701’s you see in the photo were the ones that I gave to my friend. I enjoyed the sound of the Bose bookshelf speakers over the 701’s. I thought that the 701’s would sound a lot better outside of the audio dealer - my “ears” never warmed up to them.

I replaced the Bose bookshelves when we moved back to Ontario - after I heard a pair of the KEF Q-1 bookshelf speakers and I enjoyed them until I purchased my JBLs.

Be well…

1oldguy

« Reply #224 on: 25 Jul 2010, 11:35 pm »

I couldn't agree more about dying inside when you loose someone or a pet that you love.Being an animal  lover through and through your post about your best friend is sad.I remember putting down my previous German Short-haired Pointer...I kept pacing in and out of the room as she was being prepared to be put to sleep.Not alot phases me but that did and more I can assure you.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #225 on: 26 Jul 2010, 12:25 am »

Tears in my eyes laundrew.

james

jaxwired

« Reply #226 on: 26 Jul 2010, 12:53 am »
laundrew, you missed your calling.  Touching story and so eloquent.   

Robert D

« Reply #227 on: 26 Jul 2010, 01:33 am »
Tears in my eyes laundrew.

james

Understood Laundrew

Well Said Buddy, Some times life has its times for better and worse

Robert

betamax

« Reply #228 on: 26 Jul 2010, 08:30 am »
Laundrew, great stories, thanks. Good job handling that Dane. Too many people can't handle their dogs, and I've had to physically come in between someone else's dog and mine a couple of times. He's a yellow lab named Buddy and too gentle to fight even to protect himself. I'd post a picture but they're all on another computer, so I'll do it later.

I especially feel for you and Apollo, because Buddy is 11 & 1/2 yrs old and now is really starting to show his age. Even one year ago, I regularly went on 1-2 hr walks with him. Now, he just wants to walk around the block and go home to lie on the lawn. It's hard for me to watch him age, but I can see his mortality creeping up on him. He has maybe a few years left, so all I can do is make sure that he enjoys them to the fullest. I give him lots of time and attention, and he lives for food, so my wife cooks some chicken or beef or liver for him and adds a bit to every meal for taste. I think we give him a good life, though I'm sure I'll look back at some point and wish I could have done even more.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #229 on: 26 Jul 2010, 10:14 am »
Laundrew,

a touching story indeed.

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #230 on: 26 Jul 2010, 12:24 pm »
I have a Husky and a Lab:

Kuma in the snow:

Tyson relaxing:

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #231 on: 26 Jul 2010, 01:25 pm »
...one beer too much for Tyson, eh?! :thumb:

al.

1oldguy

« Reply #232 on: 26 Jul 2010, 01:54 pm »
They are awesome James.

betamax

« Reply #233 on: 27 Jul 2010, 09:32 pm »
Here's a picture of my Buddy with his cat-pal, Cookies (they're a pack of 2).

VOLKS

« Reply #234 on: 28 Jul 2010, 12:54 am »
Figured i would post a pet photo.........its not a cute-furry mammal,but it was a very peaceful-interesting and loving  pet for 12 years that i had Komodo(named him after the biggest lizard lol)..........this is as close a photo i could get to how my Reticulated Python looked,before i had to give him to friend when i moved to the US.My Reticulated Python was identical to this one in all ways.Sad thing is when i moved back to Canada i found out Komodo was given to a Zoo.........Time for a new Snake  :green:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #235 on: 28 Jul 2010, 01:07 am »
What did Komodo eat?? or shall I say who??
Rats? Small what?? Biggest snake I have ever seen I think...new meaning to cute and cuddley!! :duh:

VOLKS

« Reply #236 on: 28 Jul 2010, 01:10 am »
What did Komodo eat?? or shall I say who??
Rats? Small what?? Biggest snake I have ever seen I think...new meaning to cute and cuddley!! :duh:

Rabbits and large rats.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #237 on: 28 Jul 2010, 01:36 am »
Wow!!!...I bet that was a real trip to watch. TY!!

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #238 on: 28 Jul 2010, 11:27 am »
Cool snake!

Laundrew

« Reply #239 on: 28 Jul 2010, 09:13 pm »
Here's a picture of my Buddy with his cat-pal, Cookies (they're a pack of 2).

What a sweet pair - Buddy looks awesome :thumb:

Is Cookies the boss? We had a cat named Misty, not only was she the boss - she was also Apollo's mom. It was very funny watching Misty bath her 100 lb Lab :D

Be well...